xxi. i can hear this beat, it fills my head up and gets louder and louder

"CONTEMPLATION"

***

upon dumbledore's request, he had wanted to bring the muggles and the wizards together. you had been the newest addition to the hogwarts staff. he had brought you in to teach muggle literature to the hogwarts students.

it was quite a daunting ask, which left you quite anxious.

were you even the right teacher?

what would the students even think of you?

maybe you could try teaching yourself magic so you could blend in.

you looked around your classroom, apprehensively glaring at the empty desks which were now going to be filled with students in about 20 minutes. you shifted your nerves onto every little detail that didn't seem right to you. you were now making sure that the papers were neat on the desk, your projector was on and had the lesson up.

"i can sense your nerves all the way from the bottom of the stairs." someone called out which instantly startled you, almost dropping your papers all over the place.

the professor almost held back a smirk at how scared you were.

"i don't think we've met yet. severus snape, potions professor and head of slytherin." he introduced.

"y/n l/n. muggle studies." you said back.

"i don't have very fancy titles like you so you'll have to deal with muggle studies for now." you said, rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly.

"you look nervous." he noted. you turned back, trying to cover up how embarrassed you were.

you probably looked up on who severus snape was, he was one of the best if not; the best professor in hogwarts. so standing before him no doubt increased your doubts on being here.

but then again, you were picked for a reason and not many people can say that they've taught at hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

in face you probably couldn't say such a thing at all.

"is it obvious?" you asked.

"very." he bluntly answered.

"well i appreciate the honesty i guess." you said.

you sighed to yourself, your breath was deep but anyone could sense how scared you were by how shaky it was.

"you've only been doing this for a month, don't set the bar up too high. you'll do fine." he said, you turned to him.

"are you sure...are you really sure?" you asked.

"you'll be fine. now if i'm not mistaken, you have a muggle literature class in 3 minutes, 43 seconds and counting." he said, looking up at the clock on the wall.

"oh, right! well, i best be getting started. i'll see you around severus." you said.

severus hummed, leaving you to prepare for your class. you watched him go downstairs as his robes followed suit. you couldn't help but watch him leave, which in your head sounded quite weird.

but there was something about severus that drew you to him. you saw it in the few days that you saw him teach.

he was simply quite enthralling. he radiated foreboding and got respect at the click of a finger.

you were quite timid, and no doubt people of higher authority or anyone for that matter could walk over you. hell the thought of getting trampled on by an 11 year old made you cringe visibly.