Slick (Episode 43)

Hell.

That's where Skyler remained mentally and emotionally for the past hours. Earlier that day, at approximately twelve in the afternoon, Annie was pronounced deceased.

As Skyler sat on his bed in his apartment room trembling, he kept having flashbacks to the moment it occurred. Right after the shot had happened, Skyler heard nothing. Everything had gone silent, as he couldn't even hear his own screaming before he had passed out at the scene.

He faintly remembers waking up in a police station being interrogated, but, he felt nothing. No emotion throughout the entire interview or even feeling in his legs walking back to his apartment afterwards. Everything was numb.....

"Fuck. Why. Why her. God, why are you so fucking cruel," he said out loud to himself in a creepy manner. He was staring blankly at his window as his hands trembled and his finger nails dug into the bed. "Why am I alive. Annie, please tell me."

All of a sudden, Skyler quickly got up off his bed and darted towards his window, punching through all the glass. It left his left hand a bloody mess. Immediately after smashing the window to pieces, a crazed Skyler turned to the lamp on the nightstand by his bed.

With no hesitation, he furiously kicked over the nightstand in aggressive fashion, shattering the lamp instantly upon hitting the ground. He walked across the piles of broken glass shards with his bare feet, not even caring about the deep cuts and blood spilling out.

"Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"

Skyler disturbingly chuckled as he grabbed himself by the head, slamming it into the wall with extreme force. It was so hard that it had left a dent in the wall. He had instantly fell onto his knees, grabbing his head where it started to bleed with his bloody left hand. And with his right hand, he began trying to yank out his own hair. The tears in his eyes began to leak down his face, as he began to break down....

He cried out loud on the floor, gripping the carpet, from both physical and emotional pain. Thoughts were racing through his mind as his heart ached. His throat felt as it was closing as his chest grew tighter. "I wanna die!!!", cried Skyler.

Then, clenching his teeth and fists, Skyler stood up and slowly walked over to his broken window. "ANNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!", screamed Skyler at the top of his lungs in utter rage and sadness, until eventually, he was out cold...

About five hours later, Skyler slowly opened his eyes. Lying down on the floor, he saw his own blood on the carpet along with shattered glass shards. He just felt tired, and nothing else. Skyler barely felt anything. When he tried to stand up, he instantly fell back onto the ground. His legs were too weak to stand properly. But, after three attempts, he had finally managed to stand on his feet.

"I.....don't wanna be alive." Skyler slowly began lifting his hand to his cheek. In that instance, his hand shook, as he realized that Annie's blood was still on face. It was at that moment, where a switch had flipped in his brain. The pupils in his eyes had shrunk, as his heart started beating a little faster. Pure maddening ecstasy was growing within his chest.

Smiling deviously, Skyler opened his closet by the foot of his bed. Black fingerless gloves, a gray silk jacket, and a gray fedora is all that lied on the floor in his closet. "Dad," Skyler whispered to himself. That was the last word Skyler had ever said....

The clock hit nine in the evening in Echo Valley City. Nearby the main police station, an officer walked down the cold, windy street to do some nightly patrol. "What a pain. Why couldn't they have someone else do this shit?", the officer groaned and complained.

An extremely cold winter breeze then struck the officer with immediate effect. He shivered, saying to himself, "Yeah no, I'm not doing this," and turned around right away. He began to make his way back to the station.