ꜰɪᴠᴇ

June 6th, 2019

-

The Hall residence

-

Narrative-

After seeing her dad, Vanessa and her mother went to go get food and went shopping for some welcome home party gifts and decorations for her father. Now that they knew he was getting out, they wanted to start planning the welcome home party. When they got home, they started discussing how the party would go. After that, they watched a movie. Now, Vanessa had just gotten out of the shower.

Vanessa- Crap.

I realized I forgot my retainer in Bryce's bathroom. I'd been getting ready at night and in the morning in his bathroom because my mom wanted to re-paint my bathroom so basically, I couldn't use my bathroom for a week. I leave my bathroom and walk into Bryce's room. Just as I opened the door, I saw Josh taking off his shirt.

Vanessa- Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were still here.

Josh puts his shirt back on as I walk into Bryces' bathroom. I grab my retainer from his bathroom and walk back into Bryces' room.

Josh- Tell me why we can't even be friends.

Josh says, looking me in the eye.

Josh- We had something Vanessa, I know we did. I've never felt like this with anyone, I've never wanted anyone so much.

I step closer to him.

Vanessa- I want you too. So bad. But the night we met, I had literally just broken up with my boyfriend and although he cheated, I still felt like it was too soon to be even talking to a guy and I knew if we were friends, I'd want more than that.

Josh- Do you still think it's too soon?

Josh moves even closer, leaving the tiniest bit of space between our bodies.

Vanessa- No. My mom made me realize that by not exploring things with you, I'm letting him hurt me all over again. So screw him.

Josh smiles.

Josh- So does that mean I can take you on a date?

I smile and I nod. Josh puts his hands on my waist and slowly leans in. Just as he was about to kiss me, Bryce walks in. I pull away from him, looking at my brother.

Bryce- Am I interrupting?

Bryce says, laughing. I clear my throat awkwardly as I walk past Josh.

Vanessa- I was just getting my retainer.

I say to Bryce.

Bryce- Mhm that's not all you were getting.

I throw one of Bryce's pillows at him before leaving the room. I put my retainer in the middle of the hallway and then I go to my mom's room. I shut her door behind me.

Vanessa- Mom! You will never believe this. I'm going on a date with Josh! And he almost kissed me but Bryce walked in and interrupted us.

My mom smiles.

Lisa- Honey that's great. I'm so happy you're trying.

I leave my mom's room after a couple of minutes of talking to her. In the hallway, I saw Josh. He looked back at me and smiled. He turns to face me and walks toward me.