ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

June 18th, 2019

-

Phoenix, AZ

-

Narrative-

After the bathroom thing, Cooper went to go start the car and Josh took Vanessa back to the hotel. Vanessa didn't talk to either of them on the way back, she was still in shock. Josh also tried to limit how much he touched her. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable at all. Once they got back to the hotel, Vanessa went into the room. Josh and Cooper stayed outside.

tw ⚠️ drug abuse talk, SA talk
Please read at your own risk.

Joshes POV

Cooper- Josh I am so sorry.

Cooper says, stopping me before I went into the hotel room.

Josh- Coop- it really wasn't your fault. You couldn't of known Chase would do that. You did everything you could.

Cooper- She was scared to go with him, I knew she was uncomfortable going alone and I still walked away. I walked away to get drugs and Vanessa paid the price for my dumbass actions.

Cooper leans against the wall, obviously in distress.

Josh- Coop I thought you quit.

Cooper- I tried. And then it got so hard and I just- I couldn't do it. I bought meth tonight. Take it and get rid of it, please.

Cooper hands me the bag of meth. I hesitantly take it.

Cooper- This- this is my wake-up call. A woman got assaulted tonight because of my addiction, Josh. I have to quit.

Josh- That's great Cooper but cold turkey?

Cooper- I don't have a choice, Josh. I have to do it for V.

I half smile sympathetically at Cooper. I loved that he wanted to do this for V, but I knew it wasn't going to be easy for him. Cooper had been struggling with drug abuse since he was 9. Cooper had opened up to me about it a couple of times and everyone in his life begs him to quit but he never could. As he said, I guess this pushed him over the edge. Honestly, for me, it would too. I get that Cooper feels bad but I'm not mad at him at all. In fact, I'm thankful for him because if he hadn't been there, Chase would've done much more damage than he did.

Josh- Cooper, I'm so fucking proud of you.

I start to tear up. Cooper notices and pulls me into a hug.

Josh- I'm so fucking angry Cooper. I wanna fucking kill him or at least throw a punch.

Cooper- I know Josh. If someone did that to Gia, I'd lose my fucking mind.

I pull away from Cooper, wiping my eyes but anyone could still tell I was crying. Cooper and I walk back into the hotel room where Vanessa was standing by our bed, her back facing us. When she hears us come in, she turns around. I noticed she had changed into sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. Her face immediately turned into a concerned look.

Vanessa- Are you okay Josh?

It was the first words she had said to me since she told me she wanted to leave the party.

Josh- I'm fine baby.

Vanessa moves closer to me.

Cooper- Liar.