Chapter Seven

Mr. Suspicious looking fellow 

Patting his clothes off of invisible dust, Shin smiled and hugged Taiga. He was still in his pajamas, bleary looking at him and rocking the bed head look. They said their goodbyes and with a last wave Shin closed the door behind him. His grip on his bag tightened, a bit disappointed that morning had come quite too soon for his liking.

He made a quick haste out of the apartment building and headed straight to a cafe. (He didn't see any vending machines in the near vicinity.)

He slowly opened the door and took in the design inside the shop. The walls were colored a mocha brown, quotes hanging in different places with different sizes. They also had random small potted plants littered all around and in the far left corner sat a white bookshelf filled with well loved and worn books. Some light jazz was also playing in the background.

This is nice, he thought as he headed for the register.

A pretty lady was waiting for him to get there. She smiled politely at him, "Hello, what can I get for you today sir?"

"Uh, Hi!...Kim?" He muttered, squinting his eyes at the name plate pinned to the wroker's uniform.

"Yes, that would be me."

"Ah yeah, ha ha sorry," He continued to mumble, a bit embarrassed and trained his eyes towards the blackboard not far off from the register. It had all their products listed with their corresponding prices listed on it. He is definitely not avoiding eye contact with the pretty lady in front of him. Nope. Not at all.

"One strawberry milk please," He flashed her a smile before feeling up his pockets for his wallet.

"Alright, that would be 388 yen sir."

Shin handed her the money and waited patiently for his drink, observing the cafe and looking for a place to sit for the time being. It was surprisingly full. Though maybe not so surprising. It was a relatively small shop. Proudly displaying 5 tables with a pair of chairs each. The first table was occupied by a young lady that looked like she had not slept a wink in weeks. She was furiously typing on her laptop, paper of different sizes and an assortment of books were scattered on her table, not a space left. So that one is a nope.

Two men sat on the second table. They were both wearing the generic office suit and tie, drinking their coffee and conversing with each other. That's a nope as well.

The third had a creepy dude wearing black sunglasses and a black bucket cup. The fourth one had two girls sitting on them gossiping about something and the last table was sat by an old couple sharing each other's meals– which was absolutely adorable.

So it looks like I'll be sitting with Mr. Suspicious looking fellow.

"Here you go sir, your order."

The voice surprised him that he almost let out a squeak.

"Ah.. yes, thank you," He answered, a pink tinge on his cheeks. He quickly took his drink and scuttled towards table number 3.

"Hello, can I sit here?"

Kise was normally happy to entertain and soak attention from other people, but right now was not the time. He was dead on his feet. He had a photo shoot that 5AM and he was up a bit later than usual last night, because of the enrollment processes for Kaijo high and he was easily irritated when he didn't get enough sleep. So he doesn't really want to snap at unsuspecting fans and splash new issues for tabloids.

He scanned the boy that approached his table. The boy, looking to be the same age as him, was tall but not quite his height, wearing a gray beanie and a blue over-sized jumper over a pair of white jeans; slightly wavy black hair, thick black eyebrows, slightly deeper set of eyes that only accentuated their beautiful blue color; straight long nose and a strong jaw made a very pleasing image to the eyes.

A model perhaps?

Kise doesn't recognize him though. After thinking about it for a moment, he nodded at the other boy. Now that the blond had his fill of caffeine he is slightly more amiable than a few hours ago and it seemed like the other boy didn't recognize him with his black cap, shades and mask.

The time was spent in silence in both their parts, not too keen on really having a conversation at the moment and just enjoying their own beverages. And by the time Shin finished his beverage he was comfortable enough to slightly smile and politely bid, "Thank you and umm...goodbye," to the stranger he was sitting with.

"Oh! Wait a moment please," The stranger reached into his pocket and placed a business card on the table and pushed it towards Shin, "If ever you're interested I think you'll do great in the modeling society." The guy added.

Shin's eyebrows furrowed at the sketchiness of the offer but accepted the card anyway, he did not want to come off as rude and tucked it in his pant's pockets. Once again bowing slightly at the stranger, he awkwardly shuffled out of the store.

While walking down the street he took the card out once again before bringing it up to his face.

"It looks legitimate," He muttered as he inspected the shiny finish on the card. It had the agency's name and logo printed front and center along with their contact information.

"Might need mom to look at it for me, just to be sure," absentmindedly Shin took out his phone and snapped a photo of it, front and back and sent it to his mother. She knew more about this type of thing than he did...

Arriving home was a whirlwind. Nana was acting like he was gone for a year rather than a measly day and had engulfed him in a tight hug once she opened all the presents he bought for her. Then came Shoyo who barreled into the house an hour later, yelling at the top of his lungs and lunging at Shin like some feral animal. What was more boggling was nana had only laughed at me as I cried for her help trying to get the orange little monster clinging at me like some sort of leech.

When did they even meet?

Shoyo then proceeded to regale him of what he had missed while he was on his tokyo rendezvous.

Shin only hummed along, a smile playing on his face as he nodded his head amicably.

It's good to be home.

Word count: 1083 

Yes kise as in kise in kuroko no basuke. I didn't really consider this a chapter once I was done writing it and it felt more like of an in between for chapter 6 and 7, like a 6.5. And because of this, I just decided to make it an omake instead.

Edit: Just made it chapter 7 for uniformity's sake

Happy reading!