The beginning ||Ch 1

Autumn opens her eyes, holding an egg. She is in a snowy forest. Then looks down and sees her hands and legs. She says quietly, "What happened?! I'm not a Rockruff anymore. I'm a human..." She looks around herself, alarmed. "Where am I...?" She tries to get up but falls as she can't keep her balance. "What will I do?" She starts crying. At the same time, a boy named Spring is walking in the forest. He hears Autumn crying and starts to walk towards the sound to see what's wrong. Spring says, "Hey, what's wrong?" Autumn doesn't hear him. She continues crying in fear of what's happening. Spring opens his jacket, and a Noibat shuffles out from the mantle. "Could you try to soothe that person, please?" The Noibat makes an agreeing noise, goes to Autumn, and pushes her hand with her head. Autumn stops crying, and the Noibat crawls on her lap. "A diapered Noibat," Autumn says. "Hello, little buddy. Where did you come from?" Autumn says, talking to the Noibat, not knowing Spring is there. Spring sits to the right side of Autumn and says, "she is my friend. Her name is Noivy." Autumn looks at Spring, "oh, sorry, I thought she was just wandering around." Spring smiles, "no problem. I came here when I heard you crying. I asked her to come over to you and try to soothe you when you cried. Hey, you seem to be freezing. I can borrow you a jacket." Autumn just notices how cold she feels. "Oh, thank you." Autumn puts Noivy down, and she tries to get up. And this time, she doesn't fall. Spring takes a spare jacket from his backpack and gives it to Autumn, who puts it on.

Autumn takes the egg from the ground, and she starts walking with Spring.