The way forward ||Ch 5

The door opens.

"Oh, hello. You are early."

"Yeah, there were a few things that made me return." Spring takes a step on his left, and Autumn walks forward. "I found Autumn. She is like me," Spring says.

He turns to Autumn, "this is Jane. She has been looking after me since I came to this world."

Then Spring starts telling Autumn's story. He let Jane know about the diapers as they planned. "Can she please stay with us until she goes?" Jane smiles.

"Of course, she can. It's late yet. I ask Jake to prepare a bed for Autumn. Do you want some supper?" Autumn says, "y-yes, please."

"Autumn, you look you are uncomfortable. Is something wrong?" Jane asks. "I-I need a-you know. I can't- do it myself." Autumn blushes. Jane says, "Okay, let's go to change it. Okay?" Autumn turns to Spring, who guesses what she is going to say. "It's over faster if you let Jane do it." Autumn says, "o-okay."

Jane takes Autumn into a bathroom, and Autumn climbs onto a changing table.

Spring takes Roxy's egg to his room and puts it on a pad on a table.

After supper, they go to bed. Spring looks at Autumn, who rolls around in her bed. "Can't you sleep?" Spring asks.

"I feel so tensed." Noivy crawls out under Spring's blanket.

Noivy climbs down from the bed and wobbles over to Autumn, balancing herself with her wings. Noivy climbs onto Autumn's tammy, digging under Autumn's blanket. Noivy spreads her wings and presses herself against Autumn's chest, wanting to calm her.

That works.

Autumn's heartbeat slows, and she starts breathing deeper.

"Thank you," Autumn whispers. Autumn closes her eyes, hugging Noivy, and they fall asleep. Spring looks at them, smiling, and pulls the blanket on them.

Spring goes to the living room and sits next to Jane. "Hey, Spring. Do wanna talk?" Spring says, "tomorrow, Autumn and I will start looking for our way back home."