Prologue

Backstory anyone? yeah? okay, this book was written like a year or two ago by me and i forgot about it. Recently (June of 2023), i found it again and I read it as if i didn't even know what i had wrote! because i genuinely forgot what this was, so i dusted it off and renewed it and I hope you love it as much as i do because this book has me really excited.

also i did NOT make the cover, i found it on Pinterest and edited it. (That's the original up top). Credit to whoever made it because i have no idea.

This is where it all started.

Where my secret was discovered, but what also brought me and him together.

"Y/n! I've got you!" She heard her name called from a fair distance, although badly wounded and her left eardrum busted, she managed to keep standing. Sparks flew from out of the smoke and dust, as Midoriya got closer, her face got more clear. It looked...seperated, from what he could see, one side of her face, most of her eye and forehead was metal, her whole forearm too, which she held onto.

His steps slowed as he approached her, she was out of breath, dirty, with several mild abrasions, but even with all that, she didn't look hurt, she never felt pain, Midoriya knew this, but he's never seen her look like this--so emotionless...blank.

He tried to reach out to her, but more agressive sparks flew from her metal parts, he stepped back, sighing hoplessly. The others caught up with him, stopping behind to examine what Midoriya had run into. "What'd they do to you...Y/n..."

It was then that she ceased her stance and sighed, holding onto her broken forearm, the human side of her face made a sorry expression, while the deeper metal part stared blankly. "Oh, Izu, I blew myself up with Bakugo's gauntlet. It was the only way to save you all." The more she spoke, the more pieces chipped from her face and fell to the ground, and the more her voice disorted. "You have to go."

"B-but what about you?! We need to get you help!" As he stepped closer she stepped back, holding her arm up to intercept the two. "You can't touch me. Izuku, I'm not human, okay? You n-need..need to get everyone out of here, before I blow all of us up."

"B-what?--"

"It's not a choice! Go!" She gave him the push he needed, for a split second he felt a shock from the contact, then Todoroki grabbed him and he felt as if he were running away from his own life.

Midoriya was not taking no for an answer. He released himself from Shoto's grasp and ran to Y/n. The sparks became more aggressive, almost like a firework. She kept falling apart, this time her hand fell off, only hanging on by a literal wire. She sighed and fell to her knees, admiting defeat.

"Y/n!" Izuku yelled again, she looked up at him. Before she could yell and protest he ran so fast and picked her up in the mist of running. He threw her over his shoulder and jumped into the air using One For All.

"What are you doing?! You're going to kill us all!" Their classmates watched as Midoriya flew in the air, leaving a bright green trail behind him. They began to descend and before Y/n knew it, Izuku used his hand and pushed her into the lake. He fell on top of her, her whole body submerged in water as the sparks calmed down.

He took one last glance at her before he felt a force so powerful it knocked him out and killed all the life in the water. The explosion looked like shards of water shooting out of the lake, splashing water and moss everywhere. The others, caught in the splash zone, stopped in their tracks to block themselves from the salt water shooting at them.

When it was over, everyone was soaked with water and some even had pieces of wet moss on them. They murmured and waited for a sign of any one of the two alive. Much to their disappointment there was no sign. Many began to grieve, some cried. Shoto stared at the white cloud of smoke hovering over the lake. He could have sworn he saw movement, he moved closer and could only make out a weird figure.

"Look! It might be them!" Kaminari yelled, pointing at the smoke. Those closer to it could hear light grunting, quiet voices. Hope had returned.

Out of the smoke appeared Izuku, carrying Y/n but now she was missing more parts than ever but she was alive. They all cheered as Izuku only reached a few more steps before almost passing out. The others helped him to his feet, Y/n stood up by herself.

What saddened Izuku the most is that no matter how close he thought he got to her, he's always proved that he didn't know her as well as he thought. he wanted to find out more about her as a person. However, she just wouldn't allow it. The more he found out about her, the more attracted he was. he couldn't help it. Though he only wished she would let him in, he understood now, more than ever, why she wouldn't.