S1, EP 1: Every Face Wears a Mask

The upcoming week, the third year's graduation was very important to them. They spent weeks on end preparing for it. To be ready to step into the real world. They were all so excited to take a big step forward. However, the only one who was not excited for graduation and truly prepared was Y/n. She passed her final exam without a scratch on her, but ever since the exam the others sensed she's been acting strangly, but haven't had the time to discuss it.

Midoriya felt it was his job, as her boyfriend, to figure out what was wrong. Y/n displayed many emotions but sadness was rarely one of them. After their first year incident where she had gotten utterly destroyed and broken, Y/n had cleared things up with them-which was well needed. She was not human, but she wasn't always metal on the inside either, or super intelligent or had super strength, she used to be normal, but her quirk took that away. It took Midoriya a while to adjust to that, but she helped him, now it was time to help her.

He knocked on the door, then eventually let himself in. She was sitting at her desk silently tapping her finger on the wood, instead of working she appeared to just be waiting for time to pass. She would often stare at the clock-but the atmosphere Midoriya felt was rather depressing. He closed the door behind him and started to approach her, quietly calling her name, with everytime getting louder. So he just walked up and tapped her, she had her headphones on and her eyes closed, she suddenly jumped up as if she just had a nightmare, and that scared Izuku too.

"Yes?" She said, taking her headphones off and pulling herself up. "Are you okay? You...almost never get scared like that."

"Yes I am okay, did you need something?" She had looked him dead in the eyes and said that to him, even though, he knew something might really be wrong. He sat down on her bed with his hands on his knees, and that worried expression she hated to see.

"Are you? The others are worried about you."

"Okay? And I don't care." She spun around and stood up, Midoriya raised his eyebrows and she had to bite her tongue after seeing his concerning expression. "I'm sorry, I have been...nervous, so I guess I've been distracting myself." She grabbed a stack of papers from the shelf and handed them to Midoriya without looking back. "Give these back to Ejiro and Kaminari." She did the rest of their missing homework--for some reason, that made Midoriya mad, usualy she wouldn't. That went against her 'morals', or at least thats what she told them.

"You're nervous? But you're never-"

"I have feelings too Midoriya," her voice monotoned as she opened her empty dressers, "W-of course! I know that! I just..." he trailed off into a mutter as he examined her room and spotted a suit case in her closet. "You're already packing?" But she ignored his question and handed him a folded peice of paper. As he unfolded it, she crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows. While there were no words, there was drawn images, a very clear image. A person, an arrow drawn to an explosion, then another arrow to the word YOU, which Midoriya could only assume meant that she would explode--or something.

"I was told not to look too deep into it, because it was clearly written by someone who couldn't spell." Midoriya looked up for the rest of her sentance, but she hesitated. "But I scanned this, over and over again, its a simple message, theres nothing to decode! But if that was the case, why did I feel different the very moment I touched it?"

"What? You think it's a threat?..." He chuckled, her face deadpanned and she snatched the paper from him. "See, you're not taking me seriously." Y/n flopped down in her chair.

"Y/n, I-I didn't mean it--"

"Get out."

And just like that Izuku had been shut out. He had to process why, why he handled that so badly. He would hit himself with One For All a million times if he could.

~MIDORIYAS' ROOM~

More often than usual, everyone gathered in the common room, it was more because it was the end of highschool, and soon they would be too busy for each other. This time Midoriya didn't go, he was concerned, pacing in his room, thinking about how he could fix this.

Well, he couldn't think of one, but he knew well enough what he did. Eventually, his thinking was interrupted by a soft knock on the door, he opened it slighty, hoping it was Y/n. "Aizawa is back, he needs you in the common room." Uraraka said. He sighed as her footsteps faded, then closed the door.

Y/n's name was called and she continued down the hall, into the common room where Aizawa stood in front of few of his students', Bakugo, Momo, Shoto, Iida and Y/n. He held a mysterious square metal suitcase, and from his rough appearence, it looked like he had trouble getting it, his left arm was in a sling.

"Where's Midoriya at? I need him here too." Y/n slightly cracked her neck as sparks flew from an exposed metal part on her shoulder. "He won't talk to me, but I will relay the message." Thanks to the student's in the support department, Y/n had the ability to record things now, it was new and helpful. She couldn't be healed by Recovery Girl but fixed by anyone who dabbled in advanced tech.

She held up her outer forearm that was metal and opened a compartment, before she could continue, Aizawa gently lowered her arm. "That's not necessary. This is...confidental." She put away her compartments and stared blankly at him as he took a silent inhale. He looked blue and as if he was going to tell them something he was going to regret.

"Listen, when we fought against the League of Villains, and raided their new hideout, we found this...device. And we're not sure exactly what it does, but we know it was made after All For One's death, when Mic picked it up...his quirk disappeared inside of it." The others quietly gasped. For Y/n, she felt as if she'd seen it all.

"Is he--" Aizawa interrupted, "he's in a coma." He said coldly. "This is your last mission as a student, and your first as professional heros."

"This doesn't mean you graduate early, or that you're above the others. This means you have been chosen to protect this device, by all means necessary. Do you understand?" Everyone nodded and saluted in unison.

He concluded his warnings, but Y/n had zoned out, for once she looked unsure of the situation, which Shoto had caught onto. "I'm going to leave this here for you five to figure out how you're going to keep this protected, while I go get the safe." He placed the metal case down and began to leave, then, Y/n immediately picked it up.

"I will keep it in my room." But Bakugo hated that she made the calls, and almost immediately rebuked. "Huh?! You don't get to call the shots!"

"I think we should make Todoroki and Bakugo decoys, incase we're attacked, can you do that Yaoyorozu?" She ignored Bakugo, and Momo nodded. "That's a great idea."

"Bakugo, I think it's a good idea for it to be with her, she would be ready at any time in case we were--"

"Of course you would say that!"

Aizawa came back with the safe, they had eventually all agreed on one thing; the decoys. Upon on settling with that, they had also put locks on all the suitcases, with each of their fingerprints. After Aizawa left, they never talked about it, and went back to doing what they were doing before.

And later that night, Y/n was charging up, quite literally. It was different than sleeping, it was like falling into peace, if it were more than a feeling. She suddenly woke up to her window completely shattering, only her eyes snapped open before she could react, the cord she charged herself on was cut through with a shurikin. That caused her to be eletrocuted, enough to seriously hurt a regular person. She gasped as she became conscious, she looked at her shattered window and panicked, she jumped up and looked around.

"Hey!" She ran to try to stop the black figure from jumping out the window. She grabbed their foot just before, then they threw some sort of metal ball onto the floor that started to emit a deafening ringing noise, so strong that Y/n let go to cover her ears, letting out a bloodcurdling scream as she fell to her knees.

"Turn it off!!"

Her scream was heard almost throughout the building, the ringing wasn't what woke the others, it was her scream.

I almost begged for the noise to turn off, as someone who was unable to feel pain or bleed, I can say it was the worst, and best feeling I had ever experienced.