Chapter 15

Content warning: cringe 😢🤚

Jonah's P.O.V:

It's the next day. I can't believe I wasn't caught last night. What I mostly find harder to believe is that me and Adam are... y'know. I still feel queasy thinking about that word. It's hard to think about anything else though.

Last night I rented a motel nearby. Just till I can find a new place for me and Adam. It's not the best 5 star motel, not even a 4 star, but it's all I could afford for now. If only we could have gotten that massive payday that stoned lady promised. But then again it seemed too good to be true, well I mean it was but still..

Now isn't the time to be bitter Jonah. Wait. Come to think of it, both me and Adam say my name a lot. Weird....what was I saying.. oh-

Anyway, I checked in to see exactly when Adam could leave. They said maybe in like three days or something. The nurse did say Adam would have to keep bandages on for a real good while. We would also have to replace them occasionally so Adam's wound wouldn't get infected or anything. They said I would have to help them put them on. Which does mean..

Jonah no. Don't you dare think that. But like- I felt a shiver run down my spine. Okay snap out of it Jonah. I found myself laying on the bed in the new motel. I only have it for about three weeks but I will find an apartment soon, right?

The bed was pretty comfy I'll give them that, but the walls have turned a yellow stained color. I can't even look at them. I stick my tongue out at it to furthermore explain how much I hated them.

It was around noon so I decided to head to the hospital. Before I got there I made a quick stop at a fast food drive thru. Just something small for the both of us.

Once I made it to the hospital I checked in and took the usual route to Adam's room. Nothing special, just the exact same thing I did everyday for the past three weeks or so.

When I opened the door to Adam's room I saw them standing up, as if they were walking around the room. Well that's different, they did say they could walk but they just never felt like it.

"Hey, I brought food." I said while closing the door behind me.

"Good because I'm starving." Adam looked at me and wrapped their arms around their stomach to exaggerate more.

"Ah, sorry I just got something small. I didn't know you were that hungry." I felt a little guilty, I always brought at least a meal for us but now when I get a snack they're really hungry.

"It's okay Jonah, it's my fault for not eating the breakfast the hospital gave me." Adam put their hand behind their neck.

I sighed, walking over to a counter and placing the bag down. Adam walked up beside me. They peeked inside the bag then dug for their food.

We just ended up talking and eating together. Not much really, today was just boring.

"Hey, babe can you pass me the ketchup?"

Babe..BABE. OH JESUS CRIST THAT WAS SO SUDDEN. Okay okay calm down. Just pass the ketchup. My body was shaking a bit as I gave Adam the packet. My face was probably really red and hot.

Adam laughed a bit. They grabbed the packet and wrapped one of their arms around me.

"Too soon..?"

"I.. I don't know..." I mumbled.

"I guess I just didn't expect you to be the one to tease." I joked.

"Oh wow Jonah," Adam playfully nudges me on the side of my arm. We both laughed loudly with each other.

Adam's P.O.V:

Okay uh- too soon then.. I genuinely thought he'd tease back or something. I guess not, I feel a little embarrassed. Ha, okay..

AN: oh my lord- TWO updates in one day on a WEDNESDAY. Spoiled, spoiled../j