Success

Christina:

It was two years since that fateful day. The initiative Brittany, Cody and I have started, Early Kindness, has become very successful with outreach into many countries. Today, we have been invited for an interview by CNN.

"I'm nervous" I confessed, wiping my sweaty palms on my dress.

"So am I" Cody admitted, though he was hiding it better than me.

"Guys, get your shit together, this isn't about you, this is about Cath." Brittany, ever the voice of reason, stated firmly.

I sighed in exasperation. Of course I know that but it was still scary to be on TV. She was right though. There was no place for nervousness here, we are fighting a war here, a war with the cruel society.

Just then, our names were called. It was time. Holding my breath, I made my way to the stage with Cody and Brittany.

"So, Christina, Cody and Brittany, what made you guys choose to create Early Kindness?" the host asked.

I took a deep breath before answering. "It started when my best friend Cath died. She left us letters on why she felt forced to take her own life, and it was then we realised what a big mistake we made. We never treasured her for the gem she is until she is gone." I choked out the last part, and despite my best efforts started crying. The host passed me a box of tissue papers with a sympathetic look on her face. I felt like a fool for breaking down in a television-broadcast interview but I couldn't stop my sobs. In between hiccups, I continued "therefore we decided to start this initiative to prevent others from committing the same mistakes we did."

"So why the name Early Kindness and why did you choose the claddagh symbol as your initiative's logo?" the host wanted to know.

This time, Brittany answered. "It's because we wanted people to show kindness to others before it's too late. As for the claddagh symbol, it's because it represents our group's mission to show loyal, unwavering care and love to those in need."

The host asked us a few more questions which we took turns answering. Soon enough, without me realising it, the interview was done and the host was asking for any last words to the audience.

As one, we answered. "Your kindness can keep a person alive. Give it early before it's too late."

Later on, after going home, we realised that our interview was not only going to be shown on TV, it has also been put up on Youtube and it has already reached over 2 million views. Seeing our initiative so popular warmed my heart and I hoped that our interview's success will be equally as successful in saving people's lives.