Chapter 1

This is it ! She thought. The month of the final exams had almost arrived. All the students of the prestigious University of Arts of Pusan were scared to death to pass the exams, some even had big anxiety attacks because of those. Y/N was part of them, the scaredy cats, the ones who work hard during the entire year, who never get a bad grade, but still fear to fail their classes. Although she was as nervous as the other students, Y/N did not really fear failure, as repeating the semester for her was not a very big issue. It can happen to everyone, and it was not the end of her future. What she feared was the humiliation, the words, the looks from the other students if she had to repeat the semester. It is strange to keep being bullied after high school. After all, this was university, and people were all adults, by now. Nobody had the time, the energy nor the will to laugh at someone else's appearance. How wrong it was to think this way.

In a world where people were all hybrids, Y/N seemed to be the most unlucky one. She was considered to be the worst kind of all, a sheep. In her home country, a lot of the population was a hybrid sheep, so it was a very common race. She never felt unappreciated, or mistreated. Until she had to move to South Korea, for her race was persecuted in her home country. She had to leave her friends, her family, and leave with her parents and her two big sisters. In South Korea, most of the hybrids are birds, pandas, foxes, cats and dogs, tigers, and the worst of them all, wolves. Even though they moved to find happiness and peace, they faced a lot of racism, and many people didn't want them near, not even as their neighbours. But as time went by, the family started to blend in well in Pusan's society.

Except Y/N. Her parents had a decent job, both of her sisters had found their soulmates and made many friends, except Y/N. She was very unhappy, as she was always looked down on by her classmates, and even her teachers. Furthermore, her appearance was totally different from what you expect a hybrid sheep to look like. Her golden skin tone stood out very easily from the pale complexion of the Korean population. Her whooly hair's colour, though it being as curly as her sisters', had nothing to do with the bright white that made a perfect contrast with her parents and sister's warm skin tone. As a matter of fact, Y/N's hair was as dark as the night. She was the literal black sheep of her family, and now of her country. She was very, very unhappy over there.That's why she loved books, and wanted to pursue writing. Becoming an author would provide a space for her to express herself, to escape from her harsh reality, and to perhaps mold her soulmate the way she wished him to be. Y/N wanted to give hope to those who don't have any, and make the other people feel happy.

Unhappy, but not completely. She still made a friend in her school years, a sweet puppy named Iseul. In Y/N's eyes, she was the best girl ever, a good friend who always supported her, who went through every obstacles with her, and she was also the most talented ballet dancer ever, the best of her class. But for Y/N, she was the best in the world. She admired her al lot, and so did Iseul admire her best friend. The cute dancer knew everything about Y/N's past, and since their high school years, Iseul has been very protective of her. Even her soulmate, Wonho, couldn't get too close to her friend. She would sometimes growl a little bit at him, until she would receive a kiss on her nose from her beloved soon-to-be husband. Sometimes, Y/N would look at them with so much jealousy. She was proud of her friend, and happy for her future, but deep down, she wished to feel the same thing. She wished she had a soulmate to hug her, comfort her, kiss her. She couldn't understand why she did not have anyone by her side yet. She was already 23, and she should have found him by now. The little omega even tried to get to know other people, to open up and make new friends, but since nobody was interested, she gave up. Until one day.

« This month of May will kill me, Wohn' » said Iseul while leaning on her fiancé's shoulder in the cafeteria. « Hang in there, baby. You just got a couple of more weeks and you'll get out of here as the best ballet dancer in the world. Paris will want you. And Y/N, you'll finally get your master's degree in literature, you girls will do so well ! » « Easy to say when you already have a degree and a job, right Wonho ? » replied Y/N, smiling a little. « She's got a point though, bun. Oh ! I heard that the students from abroad are back. Do you know what it means, cutie ? » « I don't but you sure are about to tell me » said Y/N uninterested in the latest gossip. « Oh my God, Y/N ! That means that you might find your soulmate ! He was not here, that's why you couldn't find him. » Iseul was very excited, and continued saying that this would mean the students were or rich, or very good students, since only a few of the students get the opportunity to go study abroad. Only those who have the money or a scholarship can.

Y/N then left the two lover puppies between them and went around the whole campus. But as she was approaching the music department, she felt a very good smell around her. It was faint, which meant it was a bit far away from her, but she could still feel it. She let the smell guide her through the halls of the department, and the more she approached the source, the more she could breathe this sweet, comforting yet manly scent. It was so attractive, delicious, it had something so special that she couldn't define. Suddenly, someone started singing. It was a beautiful melody that attracted her even more to the person who spread such a wonderful scent. The young lady tried to look behind the door, and she saw three men around a piano, all turning their backs to her. But the singing one stopped, and it was so sudden that it scared her. She ran away, in hopes nobody would see her. Unfortunately for her, the male sitting on the piano had a glimpse of her, and he was about to go after her. His friends called him, bringing him back out of his thoughts, and making him focus on the melody thought by one of their friends instead of this welcoming, intoxicating berry smell.