𝐗 . . . IT'S A DRUGS BUST!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING SAT ON MY front step, I didn't see you

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING SAT ON MY front step, I didn't see you . . . you scared me half to death you complete half-wit!"

"Well I was kind of expecting you to see me, I've been sat here for hours. Where've you been it's rained for the last hour I was worried about you." He defended, then he paused. "Have you been smoking again?" Theo raised an eyebrow.

"It was just one," Poppy hesitated and then said, "But besides, it's none of your business anymore. And you're a fine one to talk, sat there doing the very same thing on my front step while you waited and looked sorry for yourself!"

Theo opened his mouth, closed it again as he decided to make an amend to what he was going to say, then finally, "Pops you promised me you'd stop."

"And you promised me that you'd do everything you could to help, though clearly you didn't mean that. A doctor smoking hardly paints the image of a saint, does it." She rebuked.

He sighed and remained silent. Theo found he could hardly argue with that statement and he nodded shamefully, dropping his head to then bring it up again and look at Poppy properly. Her eyes were red around the edges and her lower lip was caught between her teeth, hands running over her arms with her shoulders hunched over as a result of the argument.

Theo surged forwards and picked up the forgotten keys from the floor, slotting the purple-tipped one into the keyhole and twisting it before wrapping an arm around Poppy's shoulders, guiding her through the frame and onto the sofa to sit down. Once she was there with a blanket around her body Theo drifted into the kitchen and flicked the kettle on, re-entering the living room with two cups of tea in his hands.

Poppy reached forwards to the coffee table to take one, had a small sip, and then grimaced. "You used red-capped milk you cock." She placed the mug back onto the coaster and then said, "I think I need something much stronger than tea, there's a bottle of gin in the cupboard and some tonic water in the fridge . . . on second thoughts, go easy on the tonic water. I don't want to remember what happened today when I wake up tomorrow."

"I don't think that's as good an idea as you think it might be, Pops." Theo shuffled closer to her, resting his hand on her knee as his thumb ran over her clothes. He took her chin in his other hand, tilting her head to face him and Poppy let a smile break through, rolling her eyes as she kissed him slowly.

Poppy shifted around so that her legs were either side of Theo's waist, and his hands were momentarily settled on her hips before roaming up her back while hers were holding onto the back of Theo's neck. He smiled and broke away, looking up at her through an unnatural gaze. "What's gotten you like this?"

"I've had a bloody shit day, and this is the only way I can think of to relax without damaging my lungs further." Theo examined Poppy's face closely, though he found it hard to do so when her lips attached to the region of skin between his neck and collar bones. He let her deliver her ministrations without any portrayal of hesitancy, though he did forcefully remove her from his lap when the sound of the doorbell rang through-out the house.