𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕 . . . HOLMES AND THE HOMEWRECKER!

SHE GRUNTED AS THEY HAULED HER UP, arms draped around their necks as they helped her hobble down the path. Sherlock paid for her tube ticket, and steadied her on the escalator down to the platform. When the cold air came rushing by their ears and the train squealed to a stop on the tracks by their feet, it was only when they were sat down in the warm carriage that Poppy finally said, "I don't think I need to go to the hospital." Sherlock shoved his phone in her face, showing her the conversation he'd had with John. "Fine." She conceded, wincing as the train coming to a stop jolted her arm out of the makeshift sling Greg had made for her out of his pullover.

She hopped out of the doors and attempted to make it all the way up the escalator on her own. Sherlock stormed past and dragged her behind him, knocking the people on the escalator out of the way and muttering about their incompetence. Greg hailed a cab with a whistle and gave the location of the Whittington Hospital, as it was the nearest one with an open accident and emergency unit. They sat quietly in a row watching the blurred city lights pass them by, glittery dresses reflecting in the headlights.

They all piled out of the cab, Poppy stared up at the red framework around the automatic doors and froze, legs locking into place firmly at the bottom of the stone steps into the hospital unit. "You have to go in, Pops." Greg urged her, pushing her gently in the back to guide her up the daunting steps. With hesitant movements, she inched closer to the doors and felt an arm wrapping around her waist. Poppy looked up to see Sherlock gently guiding her into the bright, sterile waiting room where a child with their fingers glued to his hair on one side of the plastic chairs, and an elderly man rubbing his ankle to try and soothe the pain.

The two of them walked over to the desk. The nurse didn't look up as she handed them two clipboards and some pens, walking out from behind the desk with a stethoscope looped around her neck. Her shoes were squeaking along the floor with her fast paces, hair falling out of the clip it was pinned back in to shield her eyes. "Fill these out, and we'll call you in as soon as we can." She was gone in a flash of her pale blue uniform, helping the old man into a wheelchair.

Sherlock presented Poppy with her form by accidentally smacking it into her injured limb. "Ow." Tentative fingers grazed over her elbow at the point of contact, and the pair chose a set of seats next to each other amongst the sea of patients in the waiting room. "Mind filling out my form for me? I'll tell you what to write."

"Why can't you do it?"

"Seriously? You know I'm left handed, ergo being unable to fill in this form because I have a dislocated left shoulder." He smirked at her, waiting for her to catch-on and catch-up. "Oh. You were joking."

"Yeah."

"Not funny. But you can start now, my full name is Poppy Winona Rockefeller — double 'l', and I'm twenty three years old." Dutifully, he began to write in her personal details like her birthday, address and phone number, what time her injury had occurred and when they'd arrived at the hospital. Had she drank any alcohol in the past twenty four hours, taken any ibuprofen or paracetamol. Was there a chance she could be pregnant, any risk of an S.T.I? "Put down maybe for the pregnancy one." With a one-shouldered shrug at his questioning glance: "What? You and I both know the long term results of my recent past-times. But they'll make me take a test anyway, so I might as well be honest."

"Alright. Any S.T.I's?"

"No. That I'm sure about — I had a test yesterday, and the guy from last night had an e-mail to confirm he was clean after he got tested the week before." Cheeks turning red, Sherlock put a tick through the box marked 'no' and turned the sheet over, only to find that it was blank. Absently, he began to fill out the second form while Poppy was talking, placing it down on the vacant chair beside him as she rolled her neck and a twinge of pain shot right through her arm.