𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚

𝙉𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙡𝙞
📍𝘽𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚, 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙮𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙📍
*8 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧*
𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 24, 2014

"I can't believe you're actually leaving me. It felt like yesterday that we had met for the first time and now you're leaving me for a state that's like hundreds of miles away." I pout my lip, giving Demani my best baby face.

"I know Nayeli, I don't wanna leave either. I would stay if I could honestly, but I don't have any family here to stay with. And this job is really important to pops, you know that." He said sincerely as we both laid on roof right outside of my room, our favorite chill spot.

"He's been talking about that damn job everyday since he got the call, it don't make no sense bro." We both let out a giggle as we reminisce on the memory from not too long ago.

Demani and I have been best friends since the 4th grade and we just finished up our sophomore year of high school some weeks ago.

Unfortunately, today will be our last day full day together before he has to leave and we just got done spending every second of it with each other.

His dad, received a job offer in Michigan during the middle of the school year as a real estate agent and was assigned to start at the end of July. But they wanted to move a month early so they could get settled into their brand new home.

When the news was broken to me, I was an emotional wreck for weeks due to the fact that I didn't know when we would be able to see each other again. During the 6 or 7 years of us knowing one another, we've grown a very strong bond and were inseparable soon after meeting.

So during these last few months I had to suck up the fact that he was leaving and make as many last minute memories as I could.

"I know right, I've never seen him so excited before. I hope he enjoys it." I smile as I reminisce about the moment. We lay there for a few minutes in a comfortable silence, enjoying the view of the city.

"Nayeli?" Demani calls out lowly.

"Hm?" I respond, but my eyes not moving from the purple, pink, and orange ombre sunset.

"You know I love you right?" He asks. He then grabs my hand, intertwines our fingers, then gives it a light squeeze.

"Of course Mani, I love you too." I turn my head towards him to see him already looking right at me. We stare into each other's soul, a glare forms in his eyes and tears brim them threatening to fall.

"No matter how far away we are from each other, you'll always be my best friend...my number 1." His voice begins to crack as if he was going to break down any second now. I sit up, patting the corners of my eyes. I hated how emotional I got so quickly.

"Demani stop, you're gonna make me cry." I say fanning myself as I take deep breaths.

"I'm serious Nayeli. We don't know when the next time we might see each other, so I need you to know how much you mean to me before we part ways. You stuck by my side since my first day in this school district...and you haven't left me since. I salute you for that, you a real one for that. You're actually the only real friend I've had in my life so far."

By this point, I was damn near sobbing. Demani had some tears running as well, but not as bad as me. We've come this far into our friendship just for to be torn apart too soon.