꩜ dance lessons ꩜

gemma had gone to bed late the night before, she and conrad spent hours just enjoying each other's company

gemma had gone to bed late the night before, she and conrad spent hours just enjoying each other's company. they didn't talk much, the boy just needs her by his side, he needs his anchor so he could pretend everything was fine for just a couple hours.

the blonde girl thought she could stay a little longer in bed, dreaming about his kiss, his touch, his smell, him.

a loud knock and her friend's voice woke her up.

"gemma wake up please." belly's voice was muffled by the door but was still loud.

grunting, the girl got up from her bed and opened the door.

"jesus, what kind of animal is sleeping in that nest on your hair?" belly couldn't contain her laughter.

"you wake me up just so you can insult me?"

"no," the young brunette grins. "remember, you said you were coming with me to the first dance class today."

"I must have been drunk." gemma sighs.

"yeah, but still a promise."

"okay, okay." the blonde scratches her sleepy eyes. "when is it?"

"in..." belly takes her phone in her hands so she could see the hour. "about half an hour."

"you gotta be kidding me." gemma groans and yawns. "okay, I'll be downstairs in ten."

"you're the best, I love you." belly says leaving in a rush.

gemma closed the door and sighed, she remembered her promise of helping her friend with the dance lessons, she learned a similar one about a year ago, and a couple summers prior, gemma and conrad used to dance waltz while his mom painted.

𑁍

age 13

"seriously conrad stop stepping on my feet." gemma laughed at the boy holding her hand.

"you're putting you feet under mine, I cant help it." he grinned at her and twirled the girl.

she used to have a brown hair when they met, and he loved the chocolate scent from it, the girl used a cocoa scented shampoo that he adored.

"come on, this is the best part." the boy says.

they danced and laughed to the rest of the song, belly and jeremiah were trying to follow along the older ones but they just laughed.

susannah admired the scene for a while, she never told any of them that in that same day she painted a twirling sparkling girl and her lover boy dancing with the moon behind them.

𑁍

laurel had lent her car to the girls, gemma was driving—after many complains from isabel. the girls had been driving for a couple minutes, "the way I loved you" by taylor swift blasting from the speaker and both of the girls were singing along.