the sun and the sky | finale

So this was happening.

Hina blinked numbly at the man before her. He looked the same. Nothing about his appearance had changed. His hair, stock-white and glistening underneath the orange sky. His white bandages, covering his eyes. Perhaps a part of Hina expected him to be wearing casual clothes, rather than his jujutsu uniform—but here he was, standing in front of her as if he had just finished a battle. And he did.

Gojo just stared at her, and she stared back. He was wordless, and so was she. She wondered whether he wanted to say something, or what was in his mind—should she say something first?

Because this was really happening.

This was really happening, and Hina looked like a mess.

Before she could formulate more thoughts, she swiftly shut the door in his face, heaving large, nervous breaths. Embarrassment buzzed through her chest. Her back pressed against the coolness of her door, her hands splayed against the frame as if she was trying to block whatever was outside—and in a way, she was.

Because my god—Hina must look like a morning mess

Her hands quickly found her face. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear—she couldn't see him like this. Looking like she had just woken up—the worst part about it is that she actually had just woken up. Less than five minutes ago, she had awoken to the godforsaken doorbell, with sleep still clinging to her like vines. Her hair must've been all over the place, her eyes must've been dropped and crooked—and she was in her pajamas, for goodness sake! She must've looked like a mess—and Gojo had just seen her, looking like a complete mess

Hina let out a small, strangled, mortified noise from her throat, covering her face in her hands.

The door pushed behind her, startling Hina greatly as she tried to keep it shut. She hadn't locked the door.

"Hina—"

Oh no.

With all her might, she pushed back, grasping the doorknob with a tight grip. It didn't seem like Gojo was using a lot of force, but that didn't mean Hina wasn't struggling to keep the door closed. If a genie had granted her three wishes, one of them would most definitely be to gain more strength against this madman

Gojo's voice broke through the struggle. "Hina, what—"

She settled on keeping the door open an inch wide, hiding her face behind the door. "It—It's cold!" She spluttered, her cheeks completely red. That was a terrible excuse.

Now that was a really terrible excuse.

Gojo took a second to answer. "Yeah, it is. It's why you should let me in, I'm freezing out here—"

"No!" Hina interrupted, cursing herself at the same time. "No—no, I—I can't."

"You can't?" He sounded genuinely confused, with only a small hint of amusement ringing in his voice.

"You—no, that's not what I—" Hina cringed at her words, wincing. "I didn't think you would... to show up here, unannounced—and I just—"

"You alright?" Now he sounded really confused.

"Yes!" Hina snapped, immediately regretting her words—which were only half true, because she wasn't alright. Not at this moment. She had to wash her face, brush her teeth, her hair—so no, not completely alright. She wasn't pretty at the moment. "Wait, no—"

" No?" Gojo repeated. "Well that's terrible."

"Yeah?" Hina wheezed out, the cool winter air seeping through the crack of her door, chilling her limbs. "Isn't it? Anyway, could you—"