side story II: a frosty beach

(aka the romantic fluff chapter)
was I inspired by snow on the beach by the great taylor swift maybe-
-that'd be a great song to listen to actually during this chapter read :D
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

He showed up at her door before dawn.

Perhaps Hina should further reprimand Gojo and his habit of waking her up whenever he pleases—it could be the middle of the night, or maybe just when she's about to sleep—or too early in the morning, just like he did today.

Hina yawned, her palm over her mouth. Her eyes felt saggy, and she tried her best to stay awake and not hazy. "Young Master, it's five in the morning."

"You don't have work today, do you?" He inquired, his hands placed gingerly in his pockets. He looked relaxed today, and his clothes reflected that—rather than being in his jujutsu uniform, he wore his black shades, a black, long-sleeved shirt, jeans that fit perfectly around his legs, and a long black coat as a last-ditch effort to make himself look neat. And somehow, it worked.

Hina shook her head, blinking into the dim-lit room. She had only turned on one light, which spread throughout her living room and her kitchen. "No, but—"

He towered over her, giving her a quick peck on her forehead. It jolted her further awake, almost startling her.

"Get ready. You don't have to bring much, so don't take too long." He told her quietly.

Hina frowned. "Wait—where are we going?"

"You'll see." He grinned cheekily. "Now, come on! Hurry up, Hina!"

Oh dear. Hina rubbed the skin beneath her eyebrows tiredly, sighing. "Okay, okay. Give me, uh—give me twenty minutes."

"That's too long!" He whined.

"Well, I need to shower." She told him honestly, raising an eyebrow.

"Just shower when we come back." He offered. "Come on, you smell fine."

Hina felt her ears grow hot. "You—"

He clapped his hands together. "Get a move on, Hina darling! We gotta leave as soon as we can!"

"Where are we—"

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Hina didn't know what to do with him sometimes. She sighed, "oh, alright."

After her usual morning routine (with the exception of a shower, this child better have a good reason), She threw on a thin, sky-blue sweater along with a pair of denim jeans, finishing her look off with a white cardigan. Hina left her hair down, deciding that it wasn't worth the hassle to try and style it—it was five in the morning, for heaven's sake. Couldn't he be more generous?

Tugging her purse over her shoulder, her eyes met his. "I'm ready."

He smiled. "Good."

When they stepped outside, the sky was already beginning to brighten. She saw faint streaks of orange and pink, scattered throughout the morning sky. She didn't realize that her steps had slowed down, not until Gojo's hand grabbed hers, his thumb grazing over her knuckles.

Hina blinked. Gojo just nodded, before leading her towards a shiny, black sedan. Hina really stopped this time, which led to Gojo stopping as well. She raised an eyebrow at him, skeptical.

"We're not walking?" She asked him. "Or taking a train?"

"Nope." He answered shortly. "It'd take too long. And trains are irritating."

Huh. Hina narrowed her eyes. She decided that questioning him would just lead to even more questions, which would be troubling. She sighed, walking around the vehicle towards the passenger door. Before she could even touch the handle, Gojo appeared at her side, opening the door for her with a grin.