side story IV | your light in my eyes

Notes: This chapter will be taken in Gojo's POV

Yes I read chapter 221 🧍‍♀️👧🏻🕺

But this chapter unfortunately won't be about his fated return 🥹 I'm sorry

Pls enjoy :)
———————————

The first thing he noticed was a small, little bright light that emanated from her body.

It sparked. Flickered. It always seemed to quiver and shake, but never once did the light go out. She was an odd girl, this one—or rather, it was an odd predicament. She was the small, nimble, golden little light quivering in a crowd of white lights. A book flipped upside-down on a bookshelf.

The last maid had been irritatingly boring. She tried too hard to please him, to pamper him and oh lord the pampering was quite the eyesore. Seeing her made his head ache. Seeing her unwavering, despicable smile made him gag. He wanted her out.

So when the new one arrived, he wasn't surprised his displeasure had been noticed.

The small, flickering light trembled, as did she with every move she made. From ducking her head in a subservient bow, to carrying the food trays in her small, brittle hands, her words forming into a stutter—she was incredibly fragile.

At the tiniest squeeze of her wrist...would it break too?

He wanted to find out.

"Have we spoiled him too much?" He heard his mother say one day, whispering to his father. Their shadows flickered behind the shoji screens. The sky was dark, and the stars were spiteful.

"Spoil him?" His father scoffed. "You worry about his character now of all times? He is already ten!"

His heart too, felt spiteful.

His mother sounded uncertain. "It's just...the maids, they—they have been telling me things that I think should be of some concern to us—"

"You take great priority in the words of a few maids." His father jeered. "So what if he's a bit coddled? He'll be the greatest sorcerer in a matter of years. Surely his overindulged childhood wouldn't alter his future."

"Now you're just being boastful." His mother sighed.

"Yes!" His father scoffed. "Yes, I am! What's there not to boast about? Dear, surely you haven't forgotten? We've created a son—a sorcerer who can see beyond everything! The Six Eyes, for heaven's sake! And not to mention, when he masters the Clan's ability, he'll be unstoppable."

"I know." His mother said, voice hushed. "It is quite a blessing, I know that. It was also quite nice to have bounty hunters out for his head when he was barely even weeks old—"

"You still worry about that?" His father dismissed her. "Times have changed, my wife. We're stronger now. They only targeted him because they feared him."

Satoru felt pleasantly satisfied with that statement.

"Well, I was frightened too." His mother responded. She sounded tight-lipped. "Goodness, if there was even a mere sign of the great power slowly growing in my belly—would they have ripped him out of me? Oh, I would've died! And so would've Satoru!"

Drama Queen, Satoru thought, rolling his eyes.

"You are thinking of a past that never occurred." His father told her sternly. "I won't hear of it. Our son deserves to be celebrated, loved by all—feared by all. But most importantly, respected by all. Besides, since it bothers you so much, he'll grow out of his immaturity eventually. It's hardly a concern."