One

One

Eliana's POV

"I brought you flowers,"

Harry stood in front of me with one hand stuffed in his pocket, the other sticking out with a beautiful bouquet wrapped perfectly in front of me. He had the most vibrant smile. His teeth were on full display, his dimples poking out. He looked nervous yet casual and confident still. I ripped my eyes away from Harry's face and towards the flowers, if I stared at him for even a second longer it would be obvious that I was gawking at him.

I took the flowers, bringing it up to my nose to take a deep breath. 

"Thank you, Harry. Nobody's ever given me flowers before, they're beautiful." It's true, 26 years of life and the only flowers I've ever gotten were from my dad for graduation. But no man has ever given me flowers with romantic intent, never. I looked down at the flowers, I could feel the blush on my face. I now understand why people obsess over flowers and how special it makes them feel when they're gifted flowers. My first bouquet of flowers, one that I would never forget.

"Here Ellie, I'll go find somewhere to put them.. you guys go ahead." Lucy, my babysitter, insisted. She grabbed the bouquet from my hand and walked towards the kitchen to put the flowers away in a vase. I almost wanted to tell her no, the flowers were wrapped and placed so beautifully I didn't want to ruin it. But obviously they need to be in water or they'll die so I didn't say anything.

Harry stooped down, balancing himself on his feet as he squatted close to the ground. It wasn't until I felt two small hands grip the back of my thigh that I understood what was happening. My daughter, Maeve hid behind my legs but was still very curious about the man in our house.

"You must be Maeve." Harry offered a small wave to the little girl hiding behind my legs. "I've heard some wonderful things about you." He smiled warmly, I could feel Maeve shift behind me, poking her head past my legs just enough to see Harry.

"Maeve, it's okay lovebug. Say hi to Harry." I gave her a small push. Maeve was shy, she was never really one to be comfortable with strangers, it always took some time to warm up to people she didn't know. I never kept her sheltered, she's been around people her whole life, she's just cautious and I'm okay with that.

"Hi." She said timidly, it was barely even a squeak. I pulled her to my side, grabbing a hold of her hand and walking a little closer to Harry to encourage her to interact with him. Usually when she sees me interacting with people, it'll make her feel more comfortable.

Harry put his hand out, offering Maeve to give him a high five, which she did after a few words of encouragement. Her hands were tiny in comparison to his, it barely even covered the palm of his hand.

"Mommy's going to have dinner with Harry while you and Lucy have fun here, okay? Lucy will put you to bed and then when you wake up in the morning, I'll be here. Okay?" I pulled Maeve into a hug. She never really had a hard time when Lucy was here to put her to bed instead of me, but there have been some nights she would freak out when she realizes I'm not home.

"You be good for Lucy, okay? Be a good listener." I poked her chest softly with my finger. She nodded her head with a smile.

"Love you, sweetheart. I'll see you tomorrow morning." I kissed her cheek.

"Love you too, mommy."

Lucy came back, taking Maeve by the hand. Maeve gave me and Harry a small wave before breaking from Lucy's grip and running towards the living room.

"I'll be back before 10, is that okay?" I asked Lucy.

"Sounds perfect. Have fun!!" She smiled, sending me a sly wink once Harry had his turned on us. I rolled my eyes at her, sticking my tongue out at her playfully before following Harry out the door.