Chapter 01: See You Again

‹ it's been a long day w i t h o u t y o u my friend/i'll tell you all about it when i see you again ›

NAME:Florea Damion

POWER:Physics & Reality Manipulation

DESCRIPTION:Has numerous powers in the field of physics and reality manipulation. As of training, is able to manipulate darkness & shadows, gravity, light, and sound. Last manipulation power was revealed six months ago.

ADD. INFO:S.H.I.E.L.D agent since age nine, as recruited by Natasha Romanoff. Underwent Avenger training for eight years before officially becoming part of the group.

Florea had almost not gotten in to the Johannesburg mission. Back at the mansion, she was fully equipped when she cornered Tony in his lab. "Stark, I'm coming," she had called out, and the older man mumbled a distracted 'yes, sure, whatever swings your boat' while going through his hardware.

Later on, Steve would throw a hand over her chest and prevent her from getting on to the ship. "You're not coming." he announced, making Florea raise an eyebrow. "Excuse you," she had countered, a hand on her hip. Steve raised both hands in a gesture of surrender. "This is a dangerous mission, Flor," Natasha began saying from the driver's seat. "I think we'd all be much more comfortable if you didn't come with us. Not with what happened in Sokovia; you might need some time to hea-"

"Tony said I could go!" Florea had exclaimed, her ditch attempt at getting aboard the mission. "Whoa, shadow girl. Tony did not say you could go." Tony said defensively. In response, Florea mimicked Tony's tone: 'Yes, sure, whatever swings your boat.'

The rest of the Avengers had shot a glare at Tony who let out an annoyed sound from underneath his suit. "I say we let her come," Bruce offered meekly. "I mean, if you're going to make me sit out so I don't go full on green... You might need Flor."

And that was how Florea ended up face to face with Ultron, alongside the others. Natasha and Clint had insisted that she stay by their side for the time being, due to some injuries from the last Hydra raid. But by the time Ultron charged with his goons, Natasha and Clint had sprung in to action, leaving Florea to catch up. So she did.

Slashing through Ultron's drones, Florea found it hard to minimize her powers. She had tired herself out in Sokovia, and had been advised by Dr. Helen Cho to lessen her use of abilities. This had driven her to return to her old ways: butterfly knives and chem balls. She loved the chem balls J.A.R.V.I.S (before Ultron messed him up) had helped her create; pulling out one from her tool belt, Florea aimed at a drone and smiled in satisfaction as the chemical ball created an explosion of ice.

Before she could aim at another one, she felt herself being pulled and whisked off her feet. In her shock, Florea found herself disobeying Dr. Cho: her gravity manipulation kicked in, so she used gravitons to stop the thing pulling her along in mid-run. A resounding "ow!" hit her ears as Florea found herself crashing on to the metal ground, causing pain to shoot up her legs that weren't fully healed. Hissing, Florea pulled her knees to her chest, closing her eyes for a minute. She tried to assess her surroundings without having to open her eyes: the sounds of fighting were far off, but the ground she was lying on was still metal. She was still on the boat.

"Iisuis Hristos!" Florea heard someone curse. "Do you want to get us killed, Flo?"

For a split second, Florea feared her brain had shut down. Or that she was probably already dead. Then she cracked open one eye... then two... then looked up, to see what seemed like a very annoyed Pietro Maximoff dusting off his jacket.