Cat-Eyed

Summary:
Nezuko , Senjuro, and Muichiro visit a cat cafe.
Nezuko most certainly does not have any ulterior motives.
__________________________________

Ever since Nezuko , Muichiro , and Senjuro began their friendship , the three of them had worked hard to set aside time for each other. Although they lived together, going on adventures was important to them. They'd spent so long in the demon world with limited experiences (unless you counted the hundreds of ways they were almost killed) that experiencing things "the human world way" felt necessary.
There were so many places to go, things to do and see, that each member of the trio had one day of the month where they chose where to go for their adventure.

It was Nezuko's day to choose, and she picked a cat cafe.

Neither Senjuro nor Muichiro had ever heard of them before, and Nezuko was delighted to explain that it was a type of cafe where you could go to order fancy drinks and play with cats.
"Think of how fluffy they'll all be!" she sighed.

That's how Senjuro, Muichiro , and Nezuko ended up outside a nearby town's cat cafe, a colorful building called The Cat's Meow. Nezuko pranced inside, admiring all the cat themed decorations on the counter. Even the menu was filled with cat puns and cat-related drink names.
"Hi there!" called the barista. "Have you guys ever been here before?"

When the answer was no, he slipped out from behind the counter and led them to a wall of windows looking into another room.

"This is the Cat Room!" he announced. "We have fifteen cats in there right now, so feel free to wander around and meet them all. They're all very friendly! When you're ready to order, there are electronic menus on all the tables, so just tap in what you'd like and we'll bring it right out to you."

The barista went over the rules for interacting with the cats, then asked if they had any questions.

"So basically we're buying drinks just so cats can knock them off the table?" Muichiro said. His voice was deadpan but his lips quirked upward just the slightest bit.

"It's a lot more fun to watch than you think," the barista fired back, smirking. He unlocked the door, then turned back to add one more thing.
"And just so you know, all of our cats here are rescues and they're 100% adoptable!"
"Thanks, but we're not looking for new pets," Senjuro said.

"Aww, come on! Don't you think it would be nice to have a little fluffy kitten kitten-ing around the house?" Nezuko teased, batting her eyelashes in an overexaggerated way.

"That better not be why you dragged us here," Muichiro groaned. Nezuko only laughed and walked through the door, the boys following close behind.

Inside was essentially a human-friendly cat paradise. A giant, colorful cat tree (more like an entire cat playground) stood in the middle of the room, filled with beds and perches and hidey holes for playful kitties. Several booths and tables lined the walls, most with a cat or two on the seats. The back wall was covered with shelves, which the cats scampered up at lightning speed. Toy mice and crinkle balls littered the floor like confetti.

"This is the greatest place I've ever been!" Nezuko exclaimed. If there were a place like this for giraffes, it would be the greatest greatest place I've ever been!"
"The menu looks really good, too," said Senjuro. "Why don't we go find a place to sit?"
Muichiro scouted out the booth with the least amount of cats, and the three of them made their way over to order drinks. They never made it to the table.

As Senjuro, Muichiro , and Nezuko passed by the main cat tree, one of the occupied beds caught Nezuko's eye. She gasped in delight and grabbed the boys' arms.

"SENJURO! MUICHIRO! LOOK AT THEM!!"
Curled together in a furry blob of color lay a trio of cats. One was black, one was brown , and one was orange.

"Nezuko , keep your voice down! We don't want to scare the cats," Muichiro scolded, but Nezuko was too focused on the catpile to listen.