Chapter Two - Invitation to Adventure

"You summoned me, m'lady?" Yunan opened the door to the castle's main chamber, greeted by two Newtopian guards.

"Ah, Yunan. Come in, I have something urgent to tell you." Olivia said.

Yunan entered the chamber, she walked towards Olivia and proceeded to be on her knees before Olivia.

"What seems to be the urgency?" She said, getting back up from her bow.

Olivia walked to the balcony, Yunan only followed beside her.

"I received a very dire report from the Newtopian Historical Community. They've told me about an incident at Ribbitvale." She explained, overseeing the sight of the beautiful city of Newtopia. 

Olivia snapped the two of her fingers. Hearing the cue, one of her castle assistants quickly walked towards the both of them, with a folder in hand. The newt assistant then handed the folder to Olivia and proceeded to walk away afterwards.

"Looks like the Ribbitvale Museum had a break-in recently. One of their precious artifacts was stolen." Olivia opened and read the folder's contents, consisting of notes and some photographs.

"Did they find out who it was?" Yunan asked as Olivia handed her the folder.

"No. They only saw the suspect escaping with a caravan." Olivia replied while Yunan looked at the photograph showing the stolen artifact.

"A caravan? Seriously?" Yunan chuckled at her statement.

"I don't understand the ways of a criminal either, sweetheart." Olivia sighed.

"Anyways, what do you need me to do about it? If you ask me to dig deeper into it, not that I'm declining, that's kind of not my job. I'm the Newtopian Army General, petty theft isn't really my thing." Yunan said.

"Ah, and that's another fact about the information I've received: This isn't just any petty theft, General. This was one of Ribbitvale's well-known treasures. And this was also the 'other job' I told Sprig about." Olivia said.

"Huh. Interesting." Yunan said, playing with her chin.

"I take it that I should head to Wartwood and inform the young Plantar boy about this?" Yunan asked, her hand reaching for the folder.

"Oh, and another thing: I want you to go with them." Olivia added.

-

"Right this way, Sprig." Wally said.

Sprig slapped the massive leaf out of his way, resulting in him getting a better view of the forest's area. Leading his navigation through the forest is Wally Ribbiton, Wartwood's personal 'crazy frog who lives under bridges' as the locals described him.

Despite being called out as crazy, Wally still loved his life staying in Wartwood being who he is right now. Although frogs stopped considering him as a nutjob after they encountered the supposed folklore cryptid of Moss Man during the war against King Andrias, which Wally claimed to have seen but nobody believed him at first. Now people have started to accept Wally as a normal citizen of Wartwood.

Wally had Sprig invited on a trip to hunt down Shadowfishes, which have been floating around Amphibia after they escaped Andrias' basement during the invasion. After a local claimed to have seen one, Wally asked Sprig for help to kill the creatures at large.

"Shh!" Hearing a mysterious and foreign sound, Wally raised a finger towards Sprig, asking him to be silent.

"Do ya' hear that?" Wally put a hand on his ear.

"They have to be close." Sprig whispered.

"Closer than we thought, maybe." Wally added.

He walked a little further before crouching behind a tree trunk, Sprig followed his actions beside him. Wally slowly lifted his head to look at the opposite side of the trunk, raising another leaf covering his vision. Wally chuckled as he spotted a blue translucent Shadowfish right ahead, wandering around, floating as it was confused on where to go.