Chapter Eight - Hopping Under

In the middle of the sandy and dry biome with nothing but more sand on the horizon, is General Yunan, knocked unconscious who somehow survived the fall.

After she fell from the aerial battle, Yunan magically landed on a watering hole that was conveniently deep enough for her to cannonball into without having to break every bone in her body during impact. Soon after she dive bombed into the water, she crawled out of it in extreme pain. Sure, the water was deep, but it wasn't enough for her to not feel any physical injuries.

Yunan immediately jolted up as soon as she regained consciousness, feeling the heat of the sun hitting her face and her eyes blinded by its light. She woke up with every part of her body numb and sore.

Yunan was befuddled by her presence in the area, with her mind not being able to process the situation and how she got there. Then she remembered...

The projectile hit Yunan by the chest. It didn't kill her, but it startled her enough she broke her momentum, thus sending her falling from the sky into the desert.

"YUNAN!" Ivy shouted in despair.

Yunan heard Ivy's voice echo in her mind. She realized what happened, how she ended up here. She was frightened by the fact that she survived a fall in such high altitude without any parachute or anything to slow her speed down.

Her brain was able to comprehend everything now.

"Sprig." Yunan muttered in realization.

"Ivy..." She muttered again.

Yunan forcefully pulled her body off of the ground even when it still felt not good. She got back up on her feet, looking around her in the distance to see if Sprig or Ivy, or anything that comes close as a sign that they made it.

Yunan didn't see anything specific to it, but looking to the direction she was facing earlier, she saw a tiny object in the distance. She focused her eyes into the object, and noticed that it was a moving creature.

Yunan widened her eyes in realization and shock that the distant figure is an injured Joe Sparrow, struggling to walk using his talons through the desert.

Distressed, Yunan walked towards the giant bird, slowly accelerating her speed into running. She forced herself to start running faster as she ignored all of her physical pain. It took her almost a few minutes of running through the desert to reach Joe, the heat of the sun and her injury didn't stop her at all, not even a second.

"Joe?! Joe!" Yunan began to approach the wounded bird, desperately calling out to him.

Joe heard Yunan's voice and screeched, replying to her in need of help. Yunan petted Joe by his neck, attempting to calm him down as she inspected his broken wings.

"Oh dear, that is not good." She mumbled.

Yunan looked around if Sprig or Ivy was near, but none of them were anywhere to be found.

Yunan then peeked at the driver seat, examining for any remaining supplies and fortunately, half of the resources she and the others have packed are still there. She sighed in relief, quickly grabbing the water bottle and the prepared feeding bowl for Joe from one of the backpacks.

She handed the water to Joe, to which he gratefully accepted and drank. After putting his beak in and drinking some of the water, he was hydrated enough. Yunan meanwhile, was drinking from a water bottle to freshen herself from the dryness.

Having had enough of the drink, Yunan grabbed a hold on the arrow that was sticking into Joe's left wing.

"Okay Joe, are you ready?" Yunan asked.