11

"OH, HELL NO!"

Thalia apparently wasn't having it. Leon could not entirely blame her. A boy living in the cabin of a virgin man-hater? Who would have ever believed it? It was impossible…until about two hours ago when she claimed him. He stood behind Chiron, flanked by Annabeth and Percy. Thalia was barring the door, with several hunters behind her, their bows in their hands.

"I will not allow a boy within Artemis's cabin. I won't!" Thalia firmly stated.

"Thalia, he belongs here," Chiron said, attempting to reason.

"No he doesn't. He is a boy."

"Yes he is, and is direct blood of your mistress. Now stand aside Thalia. He needs to be in his cabin."

"No…"

Leon thought that this was just getting outright silly. Seriously, he didn't ask to be the son of a virgin goddess and not suppose to have been. But that was that. The past can not be changed, as much as they wished so. So why could they just accept that their matron goddess had a son, and get over it. And why in Hades could he not get into his new cabin and get some shut eye? Because some pessimistic girls didn't want him in there?

"Thalia, this is silly. Let him enter. I am really getting tired of this argument," Chiron said, and this time he sounded like he really meant it. His voice was dangerously low.

Thalia took a deep breathe.

"No."

"THALIA GRACE, YOU WILL ALLOW HIM TO ENTER HIS CABIN, AS IS HIS RIGHT! YOU ARE ONLY THERE BECAUSE ARTEMIS ALLOWS YOU TO BE SO. IT IS HIS CABIN, NOT YOURS!"

Leon almost could feel like a tornado had come into the camp. The annoyed anger in Chiron's voice was clear as crystal, and Percy and Annabeth jumped at the volume of his voice. Leon made a point from then on never to get on Chiron's bad side. From the way Chiron was carrying on, and seeing the muscles tense in his body, made him seem far more lethal and dangerous than he usually is. Chiron had a very gentle soul, but apparently he did not "take crap" very well at all.

If Annabeth and Percy were startled at Chiron's anger, then Thalia was utterly blown away. She recoiled from the intensity of the yelling, and the hunters behind her staggered back as well. Huntresses who had been lounging on their bunks, watching the argument, now stood up, and also seemed very shocked at the outburst.

Chiron calmed down, and his muscles softened. He then looked at Thalia and said again, in a much more calm and reasonable tone…

"Thalia, I know that you think that it is a defilement…but he is a son of Artemis. It truly is his cabin, and it belongs to him, due to his bloodline. Now please, before I have to get angry with you again, let him enter."

Thalia blinked several times, before she finally stepped aside.

"All right. Come on in…"

Leon glanced at the two half-bloods flanking him, who both nodded their understanding. He then slowly stepped forward, into the cabin. Thalia didn't look at him, but the Hunters gave him an all new definition of the phrase "if looks could kill". He looked around for an empty bunk, but saw none. He did not show any sign of disappointment, especially in front of these asshole huntresses. Yes, they were being assholes. Call them as you see them, Leon thought.

Chiron nodded his confirmation of the events in front of him, and then turned to Thalia.

"I am very disappointed in you Thalia. Artemis herself understands that we allow her huntresses here as a courtesy. If I have to report any further transgressions, I don't know how to tell her that we may not allow you to stay."