Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Alice 101: Overthinker, Pandemic Wattpader, Derp

Before we get the ball rolling with writing and bonus content, I thought I'd take a few minutes to introduce myself so you can get to know the real, live human derp (ME! THE ALICE!) lurking behind the screen.

Sad but true story: This is Alice running off to be a lazy bum. (She's most likely about to binge-watch Selling Sunset or Bling Empire.) That is the Giant Finger of Doom, shaming her for not working on a new chapter for one of her 1,293,718 ongoing, unfinished WIPs.

Alice the Overthinker: Who am I outside of Wattpad?

I was born in Taiwan and moved to the US when I was two-years-old. I speak English and Mandarin Chinese fluently, and un poquito español thanks to Señora Hannon from junior high. (She was such an amazing teacher!)

Throughout my twenties, I worked as a K-12 Chinese language teacher for several years before going on to become a coordinator in the Chinese language department at a local university.

I'm currently a happily married stay-at-home mom who writes spicy, silly romances on Wattpad whenever my tiny Godzilla will give me a moment of peace and quiet. 50% of my stories have probably been written on my phone, fast and furious tap-texting style, while the little guy was distracted by Legos or playdough, lol.

 50% of my stories have probably been written on my phone, fast and furious tap-texting style, while the little guy was distracted by Legos or playdough, lol

First pic is when I was still a toddler back in Taiwan. Second pic is a very realistic and life-like portrait of me from my teaching days, illustrated by one of my students on my whiteboard. Third pic is hubs and I running away from a swarm of hungry mosquitoes during our wedding photo shoot.

As a kid, I lived a fairly uneventful, normal life until the summer between my seventh and eighth grade year.

(Buckle up, my lubs. Plot twist coming up.)

That summer, my whole adolescent world was forever changed.

I was diagnosed with cancer. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Stage three.

Life as I knew it was instantly flipped upside down.

Following my diagnosis, I underwent a year of homeschooling as an eighth grader since my treatments were too intense for me to attend school regularly. When I finally returned to the classroom in ninth grade, I had lost most of my hair from chemo and showed up on the first day with only a bit of peach fuzz on my head.

icon lock

Show your support for T.A. Fan, and continue reading this story

by T.A. Fan
@uxecila
Have you ever wondered what might be floating around my brain as a wr...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @uxecila.