All I need

7 am
Scully was on her way outside when her phone started to ring. She fished it out of her pocket and answered it, "Scully."

"Agent Scully, it's AD Skinner." The assistant director sounded worried.

"Sir?"

"I need you to come to Georgetown Memorial.. It's Mulder." he said to her.

"I'm on my way, what's- What's wrong?" she asked as she slid into her car.

"I'll tell you more once you get here.." Scully assumed that was code for, 'I don't actually know.' She hung up the phone and started her car.
~
Scully rushed into the hospital and went straight for the nursing desk. "Can I help you?" a young female nurse asked.

"Yes, I'm looking for a patient, Fox Mulder?"

The nurse looked down at her chart, "He's on the neuro ward." the nurse told her.

"Shit," Scully mumbled, "Thank you." The nurse nodded and Scully was on her way.
~
Skinner looked up at Scully as she approached him. "Scully, thank you for coming."

"What's wrong with him?" she asked and Skinner took her hand gently.

"Dana.." Scully's blood went cold at her boss's use of her first name.

"What? What is it??" she asked on the verge of tears.

"He came into work this morning, and he was screaming about something for a while according to another agent. When I was finally notified of his behaviour, I found him down in your office reading your abduction file. He thinks you've been taken again. Dana, he's completely convinced and if anyone tries to tell his anything different he attacks them.."

Scully put her hand up to his cheek, "Is that how you got this?" she asked, referring to a large bruise. Skinner nodded, "Oh no.. Where is he?"

"They've put him in a padded room. When he was in a normal room he tried to cut himself. Come on, I'll tale you to him."
~
Skinner had led Scully down to Mulder's room. The two had gotten stopped by one of Mulder's nurses, who Scully was now talking to. Skinner sat across from them and sighed. Then, Scully turned to him. "I'm going in."

Skinner nodded and smiled at her, "Good luck."

Scully unlocked the door. She gasped at the sight before her eyes. Mulder was slamming his head against the wall and whispering, "She's gone again.. She's gone again.."

Scully walked further into the room and shut the door behind her, "Mulder?" she asked quietly.

"You're just tricking me again. She's gone! LEAVE ME ALONE!!" he screamed at her.

"No, this isn't a trick, Mulder, it's me. I'm here, I'm okay." she told him.

Then he charged. As he gripped her shoulders with extreme strength, she thought for a moment that he would hurt her. But she shook the thought away, she knew he wouldn't. And his didn't. He gasped and a tear ran down his cheek. He brought a hand up to her cheek and caressed it softly.

"Its really you?? You're okay?" he asked.

She nodded and a tear rolled down her cheek as well.

"Oh my god, Scully.." he burst into tears and embraced her. She wrapped her arms around him and started crying on his shoulder.

"Oh, honey! I was so worried about you.. When Skinner called me, I- I came as fast as I could.." she told him.

"I thought.. They told me you were taken again, I was so sure of it.." he sobbed, "Can I go home now, Dana? Please? Will you take me home?"

"I'll talk to your doctors and see what I can do, alright?"

"Thank you Dana.."
~
The end (I might add on to this in the future)