I don't want to confuse you.

Mulder hadn't been very talkative around Scully lately and she had decided to ask him about it wheb she arrived at the office.
She walked in to see him sitting at his desk with his head down.
"Mulder? You awake?" she asked softly.
She was met with a quiet grunt which made her chuckle slightly.
"Mulder, can I talk to you about something?" she questioned as she sat down across from him. He lifted his head up and shrugged. Scully frowned.
"Mulder, if we're going to talk, you have to use your words, okay?"
"Fine, whatever." he mumbled.
Scully sighed, "What is wrong, Mulder?"
"What?" he acted confused.
"Oh come on! I haven't gotten more than 5 words out of you all week! I feel like we're drifting apart.." she confessed.
Scully examined Mulder's face after she said that, and it had changed to one of fear.
"No we're not!" he said a bit too loud, "Why would you think that!?"
Scully looked down at her lap, "You need talk to me Mulder! You haven't been talking, even for work-related conversations, and I have tried to get you to talk but you will not! What is going on? You can tell me.." she explained to him.
Mulder got up and began to pace the office, "I'm sorry, Scully.. I don't want to confuse you with what I need to say, or scare you.. I'm just afraid to lose you." he said quietly.
Scully stood up and stopped his pacing, "Oh, Mulder.." She hugged him, "I'm never going to leave you. And never once have you scared me. I will be honest with you, you confuse me a lot, but that's okay, I will always love you."
He wrapped his arms around her small frame and then rested his head on her hair.
"I love you too, Scully." he whispered.