My Husband is Who? (Medium Dream)

Back in the beach house. The morning sun glistened against the white and black checkered tiles in the foyer, close to the library room where Hunter and I were, exploring Sadie's personal library. I was fully aware that I was married; the pink diamond ring on my finger was a telltale sign, but I had no idea who he was. I hoped he wasn't some freak or a creep or anything like that, but I couldn't be too sure with the fact that Hunter seemed to hide him from me. What was the big deal?

As Hunter buried his nose in some science novel on the other side of the room, I noticed a few blurry photographs in silver and gold frames cluttering a bookshelf. Could that be the clue I had been searching for? As I got closer, the photos seemed to clear up, and I could finally get an idea of what was going on. I picked up a rather large silver heart frame and studied the black and white photograph. The four of us were in a lush field with Hunter and Sadie in the foreground, a big grin on his face while he hugged her around the fluffy neck, and I stood happily in the background, crouched down a bit with the mystery man who was all smiles right next to me. I didn't recognise him at first; he looked like any normal, handsome family man with a fresh haircut, clean shaven face, and the most joyful smile I had ever seen. Why did Hunter not want to tell me who he was?

All of a sudden, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I dropped the picture frame, screaming as it shattered all over the floor. Turning quickly, I was met with Hunter's surprised but confused look. "Jeez, you're jumpy today. I was just coming over to tell you there were some photos on the bookshelf... but it looks like you found those already."

"Hunter!" I gasped, "Why didn't you tell me I married a fucking-"

This time, when we heard the car door shut and footsteps trail down the foyer, my husband appeared in the library doorway, dressed in a pair of jeans, a brown sweater, and a black blazer that matched with his shiny black shoes. He was definitely dressed for living anywhere other than Florida. "Well good afternoon, Princess." He greeted me, kissing my forehead since he was a good six inches taller than me.

"Hey, Ted's back!" Hunter exclaimed cheerfully. "Leigh said she didn't remember getting married to you. Probably just another one of her silly little tricks. Like, who wouldn't want to be Mrs. Bundy? You've got so much to offer!"

"You got that right." Ted replied before grabbing my hand gently and leading me towards the balcony that overlooked the ocean. "So, babe... one thing's for sure. Your brother knows too much."