Chapter 3- Horrible Arrangments

Nancy was reading while lying in bed. Until Nancy startled at the sound of someone pounding on her door and saying, "Madam, it is time for supper, please be there as quickly as possible," she was reading between the lines and very slowly turning the pages. "Oh!" Nancy said as she turned to face her door. "Yes, I appreciate you letting me know. Please let my mother know that I'll be there shortly." Nancy got up and started moving toward her door as she heard footsteps leaving. Before leaving, she turns the doorknob on her door and turns to face the castle's corridors. She ran into her younger brother, Michael, as she entered the dining room. The large dining room doors creaked open as two butlers bowed to meet the two siblings before they could begin arguing with one another.

"Oh Michael, Nancy, have a seat at the table," Their mother said. " I have to tell you two something very essential," their mother continues. They couldn't help but feel uneasy as they made their way to their designated seats. It was lingering in their minds, but they were unsure of what it was. "Children, what I'm about to tell you two could make you both extremely astonished, quite likely...displeased," Karen said. In order to share the news she was going to share, Karen straightens up.

"You two must be wed to someone who belongs to a separate kingdom. Nancy, Prince Steve of the Harrington Kingdom will marry you. And Princess Jane of the Hopper Kingdom will marry you, Michael."

Two of the Wheeler siblings gently turn their heads to face their mother while gazing at each other in total disbelief. "WHAT?  WHY DO I HAVE TO BE MARRIED TO THAT DOUCHE!" exclaims Nancy. As she yells, her parents turn to face her in disbelief. "Honey, please," Nancy interrupts. "While I am aware that "it's for my own benefit," what about me? How about my passions? How about my emotions? WHAT ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER AS A WHOLE HUMAN BEING?" In shock that her own kid had yelled at her, her mother looks at her back. "Sweetheart... Please, the riches of our kingdom is dwindling. Additionally, we must carry on the Wheeler lineage. We need this marriage to happen now more than ever. It is crucial to the livelihood and economics of the entire hamlet."  Karen glances beseechingly at her oldest before turning to face her son, Michael. While his expression is obscured, there is a little indication that he could concur.

"You never listen to me", Nancy smacks the table with her hand. She stomps furiously away from the dinner table. "Michael, what do you think?" sighs a dejected Karen. Micheal turns to face his mother, who has what appears to be tears in her eyes. "I-" He considers lying to her, but Karen stops him before he can. "It's alright if you agree with your sister, but... Please realize that if we want a stable town, this must be done. I know you loathe the thought of marrying a stranger, but we need this Michael," she continues.

Micheal stares blankly at his mother. "I..." "Can I please be excused?" he asks without knowing what to say. " I can't handle this at all."  Karen seems to be understanding him as she looks at him. "You're free to go now" then Micheal stands up from his chair almost instantly and walks into his room. Karen encloses her hand, indicating that she was disappointed that both of her kids opposed it. "Oh Ted..." What are we ever going to do? she laments, tired. She glances at her husband only to see him carrying on with his supper, undisturbed. She makes a throat clearing motion to get her husband's attention, and he eventually turns to face her. " You're aware of how angry and rebellious teens can be. They will ultimately cave in to the concept."  He keeps eating while Karen mocks his lack of knowledge. In imitation of her kids, she gets up from her chair and leads Holly to her room. While she was doing it, Ted questioned, "What did I do?"

In Nancy's room...

Nancy angerily slams the door to her room behind her, tears welling up in her eyes. "This isn't fair, all I ever do is get dolled around." Nancy rambles, "I always do as they say, but they never allow me to do as I wish." All these thoughts cloud her head as she memorized what happened at dinner, she wishes she could disappear. She wishes she could remove the name of a princess, constantly being pushed around.