Chapter 1: We're Going On A Trip

All Rights Reserved

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: We're Going On A Trip

"Emily? What are you doing here?" asked my dad as he came into his office where I had been doing some minor digging.

"Oh you know, the usual. Just chilling in a law office like all the cool kids these days," I responded with a smile. He just smiled and shook his head, placing the blue homemade coffee mug that I gave him for fathers day only two short weeks ago on the dark wood of his desk.

"Now that school is over don't think that you can just waltz in here and pretend that you own the place," he remarked as I stood from his leather swirly chair to give him his seat back.

"Let's be honest here, I do own the place," what can I say, I'm a little cheeky at times.

With small chuckle and another shake of the head he said, "So what is it that you really want?"

"Honestly nothing. I was just bored and thought I could dig up some dirt on Brittney. Rotten book worm doesn't have a speck of dust on that record of hers," I replied with a look of disappointment and snap of my fingers. Brittney was my best friend, so of course I knew her record was spotless...but I still needed to cover my tracks with something.

My dad looked at me suspiciously, "Whatever it is your up to I don't care, just keep it legal," he sighed and went to work on the computer.

I took that as my cue to leave, and with a swift, "see you later," I was out of there. That was close. 

I walked out the front office door, spotted my silver bike leaning against the side of the building, and hopped on heading home.

I just can't process that Ryan is a real person and not a figment of my imagination.

How the fudge, can I see him? In my dreams, during class, watching a movie...this kid never leaves my brain. But how the heck did he get there in the first place?

I shook my head at my first world issues and finished my trek pulling up in the driveway and parking my bike next to the house.

You probably are thinking, 'Her dad works at a legal firm as the District Attorney, why is she riding a bicycle?' well that's simple. My parents are strong believers that children appreciate what they have more so when they do it themselves. Modest really.

I do have a job though. I work at the local hardware store, but all that I make there goes directly into a savings account for university.

Walking into the house my mom called out to me from the kitchen, "Hun can you take the car out to pick up your brother from basketball practice?" and I walked right back out.

Before I left I grabbed the keys to the Mercedes and hopped in. She sure was fun to drive. A giddy smile graced my face at the memory of driving the vehicle just days previous.

I peeled out onto the road and let my mind wander...not to far of course.

I was slightly intrigued by this recent discovery that the boy in my dreams actually existed. I would say I was an irrational person. I wanted to meet a stranger. Crazy right? But no, I subconsciously had known Ryan for, well, my whole life so he wasn't really all that strange.

I often wondered if he knew me. Knew of me I should say. If I appeared in his dreams and realities as much as he popped up in mine. Only one way to find out...I have to meet him. But one minor technicality, he lived in England and I currently resided in the States...

Leaving my thoughts behind, I pulled into a parking space outside the recreational gym a couple blocks down from my school, and made my way into the gym where my brother's team was practicing still. I looked at my watch and mentally noticed that they were overtime and probably having a long practice for their upcoming tournament. I wondered where it was to be held that season.

"Alright guys, bring it in. We have just received confirmation for our tournament, and although the original plan was to go to Spain, England will just have to do!" the coach exclaimed, followed by cheers of the team.

Well, I guess it wasn't going to be that difficult to meet Ryan after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys I have recently been inspired to write...I don't know how long it will last for but enjoy it while it does!

happy reading!

~megan