A New Friend?

The circle of life.

Something that connects every animal in the entire world, it's a way of life. It's something that stops everything else from falling apart. But it doesn't mean that it has its threats. Animals all over the world tend to try and break the circle of life and unfortunately, there are not many protectors. That's where the Lion Guard comes into play.

A lion cub

A cheetah

A hippo

A cattle egret

And a Honey badger

These five members make up the most reliable team to protect the Pride Lands and defend the circle of...even if it meant dealing with boring, daily problems.

"I can't believe it! We had to help a baboon to get down from a tree? He's a monkey! Aren't monkey's supposed to like trees?" The cheetah member, Fuli, asked in a frustrated voice.

"Yeah, but I think he was just afraid of heights." Beshte, the hippo, tried to defend the little baboon.

"Besides, we're the Lion Guard. We always help animals out." The leader, Kion, said with a grin on his face which made the black spotted cat sigh.

"We stopped Janja and his group of hyenas from hunting down the gazelle a couple days ago, we literally saved the whole Pride Lands, and now we're here babysitting." Fuli explained.

"Yeah, but it's fun though! We get to help out adorable animals, besides, we're probably gonna deal with Janja again sooner or later. And that's when Kion will use his roar and blow those guys away!" The honey badger, Bunga, said with excitement as he nudged his best friend's shoulder.

"That's right. Hey Ono, is anything else going on right now!?" Kion called out to the bird member of the team, Ono who was flying high, spinning around, getting a glorious view of the Pride Lands.

"Nothing that I can see right now, it seems everything is fine!" Ono yelled back as he flew down to join the rest of the team.

"If that's the case, then we could probably call it a day." Kion stated.

"Finally. I've been starving since morning, so I need something to eat." Fuli sighed in relief as she began leaving to go hunting.

"I'm gonna go back and join my family, I'll see you later, Kion." Beshte said his goodbye and left.

"I need to go back to my family to, goodbye, Kion." Ono said goodbye and flew off.

"Haha! Looks like they're gonna do their down thing. What're you gonna do?" Bunga asked as he turned his head towards Kion.

"Dunno. Probably head back home. I wanna see if my Dad's back yet."

"Huh? How long has king Simba been away from the Pride Lands for?" Bunga asked.

"The morning after we stopped Janja. He said he didn't know how long he'd be gone for, so I'm gonna see if he's back today." Kion answered.

"Oh ok. Well, have fun! I'm gonna have an eating contest with uncle Pumbaa and uncle Timon. Later bud!" Bunga said goodbye and Kion smiled as he watched all of the Guard walk their separate ways. It was after they had disappeared was when Kions smile slowly dropped and his eyes slanted. He finally turned around and walked towards Pride Rock.

Pride Rock

Kion kept his head down the entire walk back to his home, however it wasn't a long one as he already saw his high, rocky triangular rock with its hollow interior and the second rock springing from the entrance supported by other rocks with trees growing around the base near the back of the rock. Home to the royal family. But it was empty. His mother and sister weren't even seen inside.