Pacific Rim Trans Masc MC

PLACES AND TIME FRAMES DON'T MAKE SENSE IN THIS, BUT DO I CARE TO FIGURE IT OUT AND MAKE IT MAKE SENSE? NO. I JUST WANT TO WRITE ABOUT BIG ROBOTS KILLING BIG MONSTERS WITH A LITTLE LGBTQ+ SPRINKLED IN. FUCK OFF.

///

The world is a hateful place, not everyone agrees on everything. Some people are even seen as less than human... but one thing everyone can agree on, is the world needs to set those things aside. Humanity has bigger problems, other things that need change.

And in a Jaeger, I can feel like I'm bringing that change, and giving others the chance to change things too. Maybe not for the problems I'd like to solve, but in a Jaeger, none of that matters. Nobody
knows who I am, I was just another of Sydney's heroes. I could stand tall and proud and no one would know if I contradicted everything they stood for. In a Jaeger, you become nothing more than another 76 meter, faceless, Kaiju killing mech.

It doesn't matter who's behind the featureless face of the Jaegers, we're all replaceable. What matters, is what they mean to people. All that people see are iron warriors, and humanity's saviors.

Wanting to run away but having no escape as a Kaiju closes in on you, is something you never forget. Something no one should have to experience, but when a Jaeger appears, it becomes a symbol of hope, wielding nothing but iron clad fists and determination.

I never new what the name of my hero was, but I knew I had found them when I looked them face to face.
"This, this! Is White Raven! A refurbished Mk. III." Most would look upon a Jaeger and see nothing past the metal exterior. But the pilots, the real saviors, is all I ever saw.

"Who's is this again?" I asked still caught in the Jaeger's gaze.
"Well Ms. Williams, she's yours." I blinked after what felt like an eternity as I starred at Cameron.
"What?"
"You and your new drift partner, Mr. Hayden will be piloting the Raven! Oh isn't that exciting?" He asked not knowing what this meant to me.

I didn't know what to say. I was standing in front of my hero, yet I couldn't meet them.
"Wh- Who piloted her before?" I asked looking back at the Jaeger.
"Oh that would be Mr. and Mrs. Allison! They were killed when the Raven's head got blown completely off!"
He sounded so happy and it just made me want to kill him.
"A Copperhead jumped right on 'em and then smashed the head with it's tail!"

"...Thank you Cameron."
"-I mean first it crushed the Jaeger's abdomen-"
"Thank you." I said louder
"-then off came the arms-"
"Thank you!" I shouted, finally shutting him up.

"Sorry, I'll leave you too it." Cameron nodded awkwardly and began slowly across the catwalk.
"Oh and, Mr. or Mx. will do fine next time." I added as I crossed my arms. He seemed to cringe slightly as he stopped and looked back.
"In this space, I am legally supposed to refer to you as Ms." He said quickly as he walked away faster.

I sighed and looked back at White Raven, at her dark red visor, as her white armor gleamed in the sunlight cast from the open bay windows, the red accents mixed with the dark grey skeleton gave her a si-fi fantasy feel. She was beautiful, and I can only hope to live up to the standards I gave her.

I looked around as the Jaeger bay went silent for the first time since I had arrived, nothing but distant murmurs spread across the vast room. I leaned over the catwalk railing and looked at the clock. I felt myself freeze as the room was silent, other than distant machinery.
3, 2, ...1.

Everything stopped as the clock finished, everyone waiting for when the Kaiju would appear. Moments went by before the alarms finally came to life. Everyone immediately knew what to do as the room became busier than before. I looked back at Raven one last time before running down the catwalk.