Chapter-16 #Rewritten

"Have you decided what you want to order?" Qibriyah asked as they were going through the menu.

"Yes." They were sitting in a four person table in The Laughing Buddha Restaurant. A citrus scent wafted throughout the air-conditioned environment of the restaurant. The pendent lights hanging above shrouded the restaurant with a golden touch.

"Excuse me!" Qibriyah waved his hand at a waiter who was nearby. Noticing QIbriyah, the man started walking towards their table.

"Do you need anything sir?" He said as he stopped by their table.

"We would like to order. I want to order thai soup, a chili oil wonton and lemon mint drink." Qibriyah then gestured Hawwa to speak.

"I would like to order, tomyum seafood soup, seafood ramen and lemon mint drink." Hawwa ordered as the waiter scribbled on a notebook with a pen.

"How long will our orders take?"

"About fifteen to twenty minutes sir. Do you need anything else?" He asked glancing from Qibriyah to Hawwa.

"No." Qibriyah responded while Hawwa shook her head. Giving a nod, the waiter left.

***
When the waiter from before arrived with the bill, Hawwa brought out money from her purse.

"I will be paying for us both." Qibriyah noticed her unzipping the purse.

"Thank you." Hawwa grinned feeling flattered. Then she shook her head. "But I can't take that offer."

"It's my treat. If you feel too bad about me paying then next time I visit your house, you can cook something for me." Qibriyah protested while bringing out money from his wallet.

"Fine." Hawwa cheerfully agreed. Qibriyah paid the required money to the waiter. Giving him the exchange, the waiter left.

"Let's go." Qibriyah stood up.

"Hmm." Hawwa obliged.

As they stepped outside of the restaurant. Hawwa saw the sky had darkened to an extent it felt like it was twilight, not afternoon.

"It's a beautiful scenery." Hawwa's eyes twinkled as she marveled at her surroundings. Suddenly this concrete jungle was filled in beauty. Qibriyah noticed the excitement in her eyes. "My favourite season is rainy season. What about you?" She faced him.

"I don't have any." He looked away heading towards a footpath. Hawwa started following him.

***

"Won't you come up?" Hawwa inquired after the car drenched in rain pulled in the ground floor of her building.

"No." Qibriyah replied as the pitter-patter of rain was heard from outside.

"Okay. Thank you and bye." She opened the car door.

"Bye."

Getting out, she looked back to see him driving the car out of the building leaving wet tracks on the floor. She waved him goodbye before turning to approach the lift.

On his way to the mess, Qibriyah was thinking of today's event.

***

The door was opened by Shaima.

"How was your visit Apu?" She asked cheerfully.

"It was good." Hawwa responded as she was getting inside. "Where is Dadima?"

"She is taking a nap." Shaima replied while closing the door.

Going to her room, Hawwa found Khadija as described by Shaima. From the bedside table, Hawwa quickly picked up a jainamaj. Spreading it on the floor, she started offering asr Salah. Then taking off her clothes, she changed into the one she had worn before. Then she went came out of the room. She saw Shaima sitting on the floor beside the double sofa in the drawing room. Hawwa opened her mouth to call Shaima when she paused. She remembered once she had called Shaima in a similar situation but Khadija told Hawwa to let make herself tea and let Shaima rest.

So, now Hawwa went to the kitchen to make herself some tea.

"When did you arrive?" Hawwa was standing next to the stove with a pot of boiling water. She heard a groggy voice and looked over her shoulder. Asma was standing at the door of the kitchen, her hair untied and messed up.

"Not long ago."

"Are you making tea?" Asma entered the kitchen.

"Yes."

"I will pour a cup for myself." Asma noticed the pot with water on the stove. She picked a cup from the rack across the stove. "How was the park?" She asked as she got near the sink.

"Alright." Hawwa shrugged seeing Asma placing the cup below the tap.

"The Restaurant?" Asma turned on the tap letting its water fill the cup.

"It was good. The prices were above average and worth it." Hawwa then remembered something. "Can you pour the tea leaves?" Hawwa gestured to the boiling water. "I am bringing my mobile." Without waiting for Asma's response she quickly left the kitchen.