CHAPTER 3 : THE ROOM MATE

"Masuka suka ako , grabe yung nangyayari ngayon." Maru , still holding her tummy . She had those pixie haircuts highlighted by gold.

"Umuwi na tayo." I stated as I packed my things.

It's almost 5 in the afternoon when we decided to go home. There are police cars everywhere , there were sirens and the incomprehensible babel of everyone conversing at once.

" Si Alice Remorca, diba sya yung girlfriend ni William Mc'brien ng section A? " A red haired young lass told his friend while walking.

"Ayy. Oo , grabe ang ganda pa naman ni Alice , crush ko yun eh." Sabad naman ng kasama nito habang umiiling.

Janell was eavesdropping at these two boys, just by looking at their backs and listening to their conversation.

  'So , ang namatay pala eh yung girlfriend ni Will ? '  She caught herself smiling . 

  Half past 8 pm when she arrived home still smiling. 

She finished her homework at the computer shop and had her dinner alone at Crimson's Eat all you can buffet . She think she had to give herself a reward for -------

' Never mind ' she sighed .

She must have feel bad for being happy that William's Girlfriend died , but still why does everything seems to be uncanny for everybody . These past few days she felt like the tables have been turned , now she felt like all the odds were in her favor.

She realized that it's already 8 pm and Lila must have been fast asleep . She doesn't want to disturb her . 

Maingat syang pumasok sa loob ng kwarto at kumapa sa dilim . Hindi na nya binuksan ang ilaw mula sa kanilang kwarto.  

She was living in a dorm with her dorm mate named Lila . 

Lila is a weird gal , hindi pala imik at laging mapag isa. She had this aura of gallant. She is bold yet intimidating , singkit ang mga mata at may bangs na tila ba ni ruler ang pagkakagupit sa ibabaw ng kanyang mga kilay. Her hair was the color of darkness in the middle of lifeless night. 

She is a picture of beauty yet perilous . She admired Lila the most dahil tahimik lang ito at mapagpakumbaba. 2 taon na rin silang nagsasama sa dorm. 

Janell sighed as she wear off her shoes at kumapa kapa sa dilim papunta sa kanyang kama.

There is a total darkness, she let herself give in to the shadows and closed her eyes.

**********

" Will ?" 

"WILLIAM !  ! " She was in the middle of the forest and in front of her is a man inside an aquarium , topless , with his boxers on. 

His hair floating amidst the water , his hand crossed against his chest . He was unconscious .

"William !  ! WILLIAM !  !"Janell shouted , she tried to open the glass  but it was locked.

Naghanap sya ng bato , she tried to break the glass but it was indestructible. 

She was crying , she was still screaming . 

"WILLIAM !  ! " Hindi nya alam kung buhay pa ang lalaking pinaka mamahal nya.

William was fragile , his skin was gleaming in the middle of the forest . The sun was illuminating the surrounding , she looked around. 

Luminga linga sa paligid , tila naghahanap ng tulong. She kept on screaming but nobody can help her.

*****

pufff..

Isa lang palang panaginip.

 The clocks ticks , it's 6 in the morning. She got up on her feet ngunit nang sya ay magising isang kahindik hindik na imahe ang bumulaga sa kanya.

On the other side of the room , sa kama ni Lila ay may babaeng wala nang buhay ang nakatingin sa kanya.

Duguan at wala nang malay . It was upside down , ang ulo nito ay naka lagpas sa gilid nang kama habang nakatingin sa kanya , Lila's ebony hair were hanging down to the floor . Ang kanyang katawan ay tila wala na sa tamang posisyon at lamyang naka paimbabaw sa sariling kama.

Her mouth was wide open , blood was dripping down from her mouth to her eyes. There was blood all over the room. Lila's face were full of terror and despair.

  But her face is what terrifies me most. It's twisted and disfigured with madness like it can no longer contain the hatred and rage Inside. I manage to pull my eyes away and notice feet sticking out just beyond the wall.  

Naiwang gulat at nanlalambot si Janell. 

Habang sa dingding ay may nakasulat mula sa dugo ng bangkay

" Hindi ka ba natutuwa at di mo binuksan ang ilaw kagabi?"