CHAPTER 8 : UNWANTED

~

***

The formidable glass and steel structure rose from its position on downtown like glittering needle threading the sky.

The window glass was perfectly translucent , providing such a complete illusion that there was nothing between the viewer and the view that it had been known to induce vertigo even in those unafraid of heights.

"Kasalanan mo lahat."

Mabilis na nagbago ang paligid . Kung kanina ay kumakain sila sa isang mamahaling restaurant , ngayon ay nasa itaas na sila ng building.

 Sa harap nila ay ang salamin na mula rito ay makikita mo ang mga bagay sa ibaba na parang mga langgam lang.

"Panong kasalanan ko?" Janell was staring at those lights that illuminated the city. 

"The GODS feed from fear , desperation and depression. Matagal mo nang ginusto maging maganda , kaya siguro napili ka." 

" Napili?" Humarap ang babae sa lalaking ngayon ay nagtitimpla ng kape habang nakaupo  sa isang eleganteg itim na sofa.

"Matagal ka nang nagdarasal at nag asam na sana gumanda ka tulad ng iba , hindi ba? " He took a sip  from his coffee .

Janell nodded.

"They'll find out whatever it is you want the most in the world and give it to you- with a sting in the tail of the gift that will make you regret you ever wanted it in the first place ." Jay arrayed his glasses.

"gaya ng sabi ko , lahat ay may kapalit. Maybe the God's chose you because you've entertained them . But this is hell......This is hell." 

Janell can't utter any word as if there is a lump in her throat .

"Then , nagkaroon ng mga pagpatay kapalit ng iyong kagandahan ."

"You-you mean the God's killed them for me?" 

"Well not literally no. You see in this dimension  , in the world of dreams and nightmares you can never escape reality . In order , to live and survive ------ You have to earn points and rewards. "

Janell looked baffled.

Jay raised his right hand and a book , a size of an encyclopedia appeared on his palms.

* clap clap*

The lights went on.

"The Gods will give you your mission and you have to finish it . If the Gods were entertained , they will double the points---- " 

"Teka , teka ano tong points , points  na pinagsasabi mo?" 

Jay smirked.