🏆 GOLDEN BOOK & RUNNER-UP (spring 2022) 🏆

🌟 GOLDEN BOOK: THE FIRST GIFT 🌟
(dark fantasy, science fiction)
written by: AziaElga

❝ Rogue One meets Madoka Magica in this tragedy of a young girl who craves for a power that would end up destroying everything she loves

***

Lara Skyborn has a destiny: to receive a Gift--the kind of magic heroes of legend like the First Lady Elena bore and granted. Having trained and studied her entire life for a chance at the honor, Lara has always dreamed of one day being worthy of being bestowed a Gift. What she doesn't know is that with a Gift comes a mission, and with a mission comes taking the lives of others, whether she wishes to or not.

Not wanting to kill, Lara refuses her mission. As she leaves the place she calls home, she begins to learn more about the First Lady, the history of the Gifts, and her true identity. Things are never what they seem, and her destiny may lie in something else entirely. ❞

* * * * * * * * * *

⭐️ RUNNER-UP: THE PRINCE AND THE PUNK ⭐️
(fantasy, romance, teen fiction, science fiction)
written by: deargodwhyamihere

⭐️ RUNNER-UP: THE PRINCE AND THE PUNK ⭐️(fantasy, romance, teen fiction, science fiction)written by: deargodwhyamihere

❝ He's the future king of the world, she's a jaded waitress with a punk streak. Will sparks fly? Obviously. This is Wattpad.

Janice Elliot has always looked out for herself. She's always had to. As a young woman living in a bad neighborhood, she's been forced to adapt and persevere. After a chance meeting with Xavier Cullen, heir to the throne and future ruler of the world, Janice may have a way out. And, more importantly, a shot at true love. But the monarchy is more corrupt than it appears, and in the middle of a bloody war, the King and Queen will stop at nothing to keep up appearances. Janice's survival skills and Xavier's loyalty are put to the test as they navigate their feelings and surroundings, and the obstacles preventing them from being together.

Set almost 150 years in the future, this sci-fi romance has it all: action, romance, aliens, triumphant highs and devastating losses. ❞

* * * * * * * * * *

REVIEWS (GOLDEN BOOK)

1: From the moment I laid eyes on the beautiful cover, I knew this book would be everything I was looking for. The characters are beuatifully crafted, and their actions are unexected and thrilling. This story is filled with many emotional ups and downs, as well a writing style that many authors would envy. This book has the exact same feel as a professionally published one. I had quite a hard time finding any flaws in this work. The author clearly put in a lot of thought and effort to make this story come to life. It played like a movie in my mind. "The First Gift" is the perfect book for anyone who enjoys fantasy and action.

2: In this dark fantasy novel, not only the adventures and unexpected hurdles Lara has to overcome but also the writing itself took my breath away! The world-building and action begin as soon as the book starts. Although "The First Gift" is leaning towards fast-paced, it never feels like what is revealed to the reader is an info dump. And, of course, the twists and turns this book takes which start in the very first chapter ensured I was hooked while reading. Overall, this is a great read for those who seek a dark book with both emotional turmoil and physical action!

3: Just the blurb alone is enough to hook you to keep reading this gem of a story. I got so many chills reading this book especially towards the end of it when everything ended in a twist that I never saw coming. It surpassed all my expectations and was nothing at all like I expected, in a good way of course. The world building and writing style is really great and I love how the writer just kept bringing all the action, but never made it feel boring or fast. This book is great for those who love both dark fantasy and adventure/action.

 * * * * * * * * * *

REVIEWS (RUNNER-UP)

1: "The Prince and the Punk" is both fascinating and fun. The futuristic setting created a world that is simultanously similar and different from where we live today. It was so interesting to see what the author imagined the future to look like. The story may appear slow at first, but don't let that fool you. It quickly escalates to the quick pace that all fantasy readers know and love. So much changed in a short time, and I was intrigued to see what the story would be like at the end. Although this story is currently incomplete, I am still very excited to see where it goes. It is definately worth a read!

2: "The Prince and the Punk" is the ideal book for fans of sci-fi and romance. It combines elements of both genres--the futuristic aspects and the heart-melting moments will surely make you fall in love with the characters and the world they live in. The main characters are both realistic and relatable, and the twists this story takes will make any reader want to continue the story. And if that's not enough, the writing itself draws you in. All in all, this is definitely a book worth reading!

3: This title is definitely enough to draw any reader into the story, wondering why a prince would interact with a punk, usually called a useless person which is definitely not what a royal person is. Although I'm not a fan of scifi books, the author managed to hook me with their writing, making me love absolutely everything of the book. Its mix of futuristic events, royal politics and romance is definitely balanced. What are you waiting for? It's a book that you definitely have to read.