Season 2 - 7.

India

Effy was in the hospital for drug overdose. I wanted so badly to feel rage at her for filling herself with drugs, I so badly wanted her to think of the little girl inside of her that she'd hurting. However, Effy was one of them kids that has never been as happy as they could be. She was born a beautiful fool, like me, that's why we gel so well.

I stepped into her hospital room, swallowing my anticipation of the memories of the baby I never truly had. 15 year old Effy was smiling at me, the one I did the drugs with. 3 years ago I would've laughed at her for beating me to an overdose, but 18 year old me wants to tell her how stupid of a mistake it was.

Effy has been in love with drugs since we stole a bag of E's from her brother Tony one night. We took them and swam in a pond in a park at midnight, I almost got into the water that was suddenly thick and pulling me under. I remember kind of hoping that a malicious vine would wrap around my foot and pull me under. I wanted the water to infiltrate my lungs and take over my body so badly in that moment, but Eff scooped me out and launched my wet figure onto the bank. The smell of damp invaded my nose, ringing a bell in my stomach causing me to projectile vomit onto the grass beside me. "India, what the fuck? you didn't even try to save yourself...why would you do that to me?" Effy snapped, pulling herself out of the water and crossing her arms around her dirty dripping clothes. I stared at her freckled face, her running eye makeup and her chocolate soaked hair dripping onto the floor. Her face was almost disgusted. I immediately felt awful.
"Don't do that again." She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. She went to pull a cigarette out of her pocket but realised they were all soaking wet. I chuckled and she softened immediately, laughing at her stupidly, soggy cigarettes. We promised we'd stick around for each other's bullshit that night

So I felt rage as I saw Effy looking up at me from her hospital bed. She smiled at me.
I turned to her mother who was reading a magazine at Effy's bedside and Freddie who was playing games on his phone.
"Anthea, Freddie, could you perhaps give me and Effy a moment?" I waited for them to leave before I said a word.
"Effy are you serious?" I said, arms crossed.
"I know." She said before I went further.
"I miss you, can you start talking to me again?" She asked. I sighed and nodded.
"Sorry for being a prick." Effy sighed.
"You've always been a prick." I said nudging her as she laughed.