16

Shane had never been a deep sleeper.

Hitting the hay usually entailed a combination of tossing and turning, adjusting his body in hopes that a different position would quell his running thoughts. The only thing that could ever hold him face down into the unconscious was beer, but lately it was becoming harder to go down that avenue.

He couldn't tell if it was the constant fear of not wanting to let everyone - including himself, now - down, or if it was just the fear of reverting backwards into the same lonely drill of drowning in his sorrow and waking up just to do it all over again. He couldn't tell if talking to someone was helping. But he was too far in to turn back, now. And he had a pretty amazing support system, too.

With a stifled yawn, Shane rolled away from the sunlight beaming from a broken slat in his blinds, towards her. There Aria laid peacefully on her back, her chest pulsing slowly in a deep slumber. She wore one of his old Zuzu U shirts that was so large it was practically a dress on her. His eyes got lost in the curve of her nose and the way her lips hung open sleepily. As the sole strip of light from the broken blinds moved with the sun, it touched Aria, illuminating a strip of the rich skin on her thigh.

She stirred once the bar of window light dragged itself over her eyes, and a sleepy sigh that sounded as sweet as her fully awake voice rose from her chest. Shane didn't care that he was staring - he'd spent the last several moments eyeing her in disbelief that after another night of tossing and turning, he woke up next to her.

"You're cute when you sleep." Aria mumbled from her drowse, a sleepy hand rummaging through her dense curls to scratch her head. With another dreamy sigh, she flipped over and let her head fall onto Shane's chest. His pulse picked up in an attempt to keep it at a reasonable pace with her head so close to his heart.

"If you think I'm cute, you should get a load of you, angel...face." Instant regret overcame him as the pet name clumsily spilled out of his tired mouth. His face grew fully red and hot when Aria cuddled against him, even going so far as to overlap her thigh across his hips. Angelface? Really, Shane? It just slipped out.

"Angelface?" Aria repeated to Shane's silent horror, effectively killing any excitement that was building in his lower half. Which, he guessed, was a blessing in disguise because her thigh was pressed up against right there, and she'd definitely notice if he got even more excited. A giggle erupted from her chest and she pulled herself away from him, her cheeks dusted with a plum blush.

"I love that! I'm your angelface?" Aria's voice was dipped in something much more tempting than her usual sweetness. He would've believed it was the sleepiness if not for the please call me angelface again look in her brown eyes. They begged him with an inviting tilt of her head. Shane's eyebrows rose, unable to control the grin that spread over his face.

"Yeah, you are. The one and onl-"

Aria moved with a quickness that stole Shane's breath, using the leg that was already pressed on top of him as leverage to roll over onto him. Her lips collapsed onto his with more fervor than they'd ever kissed with in past times. He loved the way her thighs squeezed his torso when he bit her bottom lip. How she gasped through her nose when their kiss began to intensify, the feeling of her slender fingers slipping underneath the hem of his shirt, leaving a trail of electricity where she touched.

"Hmn," Aria mewled while Shane's hands clamped themselves to the back of her bare thighs.

"Too much?" Shane asked with his tongue still on her collarbone and his hands fully moved upwards to rest comfortably on her ass. Yoba, he's wanted to do that for so long.

"Not enough," Aria's whisper tickled his ear, catching his earlobe gently between her teeth. The words not enough had always been a part of Shane's inner criticisms towards himself, but the way they oozed out of Aria's mouth drove him insane in a completely different way. With a soft grunt, Shane flipped himself and Aria over, resuming his place on her neck until his mark was made.