News

Sophia's POV
"What!" I screamed loudly at my mom and stepdad. "You honestly can't be serious?"

"Soph your dad is requesting that you come for the summer and the custody agreement says he gets you for the entire summer." My mom said sadly.

"But mom, what about my friends and swimming?" I asked completely losing it. I had such a great group of friends and I was swimming competitively. I was told if I keep working at it. I could join the junior Olympics this year and maybe make the Olympic team when I'm 16.

"Honey, this isn't easy on any of us. We don't have a choice." She said rubbing the back of my head.

My baby half brother started to cry from his high chair. I went over picked him up. I loved him so much. "But what about Wyatt? He will almost be 1 when I get back." I said sadly. I didn't want to miss anything.

"Sophie we will FaceTime, so you can see your brothers." My step dad Jax said. Jax was a great dad. He has been with my mom since I was 3. They had three kids together all boys. Sebastian was 7. Avery was 4. Then Wyatt was the baby at 8 months.

"Sophie we have to work through this together okay?" My mom said hugging me. I don't know how I was going to go three months without my mother most of all. My mom had me when she was 15 so we grew up together. She was my best friend.

*********************************************
Justin's POV

I was sitting in my office when my brother and Father strolled in after keeping me waiting.

"What was so important that you had to make us come down here at 9 at night?" My brother stated acting like my office wasn't just downstairs.

"Sophia is going to be staying with us this entire summer. So we are going to have to work as a team here." I said ready to handle my daughter. I wanted a relationship I loved her but I knew she absolutely hated me.

"Really for three months we are going to have to deal with little miss sassy pants. That kid is 11 going on 20. " My annoying little brother Jasper whined.

"I think it will be good for you Son. You really need to amend your relationship with that little girl before it's too late. She's not getting any younger" My father said in his words of wisdom voice.

I knew it was going to be tough. Sophia was stubborn and hard headed. She didn't back down like most kids do. She held her ground. She was a lot like me but also had her mothers fiery temper. She was a recipe for disaster.

**********************************************
I was swimming my heart out at swim. I had so much stuff on my mind that I was overworking myself. I was about to do my 20th lap when my coach grabbed my hand so I didn't do another lap.

"Soph what's going on?" He asked concerned.

"I just have a lot on my mind is all." I said ready to take off again.

"You are going to hurt a muscle if you keep going like this. Why don't you grab a kick board and practice kicking for a few minutes?" He said but it was more a command. He threw me my kick board and I simmered down until the end practice.

He helped me out of the pool and I was on my way. Today was the dreaded day. The day my so call father comes.

My father was beyond strict. He literally never soften up. I have never stayed longer than a weekend at a time with him my entire life and somehow I always landed myself in trouble. Maybe it was my dazzling personality.

It was 1:00 once I got out of practice and my dad was coming at 2. My step dad drove me home and I took my sweet time getting into the shower. I did everything slowly and by the time I got out of the shower it was 1:57. I'm sure my dad was waiting he was never late.

"Soph, your dad is here. Try to hurry up." My mom said knocking on my bathroom door.

"Coming mom, I just need to do my hair." I said not going any faster. Just to really show my displeasure I watched a hair tutorial on YouTube.

When I opened the bathroom door. I ran smack into my fathers chest. I fell back a little bit from the impact but he caught my arm before I fell.

"Hi Sophia." He said in his stern voice. "Remember I told you to be ready at 2?" He scolded. He pulled me into my bedroom and spanked me one time on the middle of my butt painfully hard.

"Owwww. What was that for." I said loudly trying to pull my arm out of his hold.

"We talked on the phone yesterday and I told you to be done by 2:00. You purposely took a long time. Little girl, I'm not playing games with you." He warned and it was all I needed.

"I don't want to go with you." I spat angrily at him.

"Tough luck kid." He said. He grabbed the bags I had packed by my door and left my room.

I took a brief moment to scream into my pillow. I couldn't believe he was here less than 10 minutes and he already spanked me once. This was going to be a long summer. Maybe I have to make him send me back early. If I'm awful he won't want to keep me because he's so busy with work. He doesn't have time to chase after an 11 year old. Yep that is just what I'll do this will be the sun we from hell.