07

International Billionaire, 07

Taehyung was wrong to accept the parents' invitation. It's rehally boring to attend royal parties. He did see some children who were with friends of the parents. But if their son is not younger than him, his age is much older than him. He doesn't like or get along with any of the kids who attended the party.

“Don't worry, son. You haven't met the Manoban princesses. Trust me, you'll surely love them,” father calming him down.

Taehyung doubted if he would really like the brothers. How many princesses in royal houses has he met and seen? They are beautiful, yes. But everything seems elusive. Grumpy. They seem to be serious about life like Nam Joon. Is his life really going to be like this now? 

A few moments later, one of the princesses of the Royal House of Manoban was introduced. He found out her name was Aliciana. In Taehyung's estimation, the princess looked as old as him. She is also beautiful. But like those who met her, Aliciana looks like a slob. He doesn't want to socialize with her either.

“Can I just go outside, mom? I've seen the garden. It looks beautiful. I might just spend my time there.”

His mother nodded. “Okay, I'll tell Emanuelle to accompany you,” he said, referring to the family's bodyguard. 

Taehyung shook his head. “No, I'll be fine. I'm a big boy now, remember?”

When he said that, his parents allowed him to go out of the palace alone.

Taehyung contemplated the garden. He walked around the garden. He wasn't lying to his parents when he said that the Manobans' garden was beautiful. It was wide and full of flowers. During his tour he also noticed a man-made lake that was far away from the palace. Because he was curious to get close to it, he went to the place.

“Jjajeungnanda!” (“It's annoying!”)

Taehyung was surprised to hear that voice. It's been a few years since he arrived in Geoul and he's getting used to not speaking Korean or even hearing anyone speak it because English is the language used there. 

Who spoke and why did she know the language of his country of origin?

“Disgusting clothes! Jeongmal jjajeungnanda,” (“Disgusting clothes! Really annoying.”) he heard a small voice speak.

Taehyung hid in the plants near the lake. From there was seen the little girl who was estimated to be two years younger than him—about ten years old. The girl took off the dress with lots of ruffles and left the thin shirt and shorts on her still thin body. Then she jumped into the lake.

Taehyung gasped at what the girl did. A reason for him to come out of hiding to check on her. The girl had been in the lake for a long time, so he was nervous.

“Ibwa, kkoma—” (“Hey, kid—”)

He had not finished what he had to say when he felt two hands grab his legs. His eyes widened and he was nervous, especially when in the next few moments those hands pulled his feet into the water.

"What the—" Taehyung couldn't help but curse by what happened to him. He was soaking wet!

The young girl who pulled him into the lake just laughed. “Geugeo-eun chagabseubnikka?” (“Is it cold?”)

Taehyung stopped complaining when she spoke again. He stared at the girl's face. Her appearance was no different from most of the Thai women he met—dark eyes, long eyelashes, and thick dark hair. The girl is very Thai. Looks like a real Thai citizen. But why does she know Korean?

“Y-You can speak Korean...”

The little girl smiled. “Yes. Naneun jeongmallo geugeos-eul uimihaessda. Amudo jeogiseo naleul al-achaligi mashadolog nuga deul-eodo naega ihaehal su eobsdolog. But I know you are a Korean. Dangsin-i na-ege jasin-eul sogaehagido jeon-e naneun dangsin-eul boassseubnida. Jangmigongjuege ib-yangdoesingeo maj-jyo? Hangug aileul ib-yanghaessdago deul-eossda. Naneun geudeul-ui jug-eun adeul-in jeongdaeui chinguda. Chamgolo jeoneun Lalisaibnida.” (“Yes. I really meant that. So that I can't be understood if anyone hears so that no one will notice me here. But I know you are a korean. Before you even introduced yourself to me, I saw you. You are adopted by Princess Jang Mi, am I right? I heard they adopted a Korean child. I am a friend of Jung Dae, their dead son. I'm Lalisa by the way.”) She extended her hand to him.