Chapter 1

"Let's Be Friends For A While, Okay?"

[1st POV]

"[Name]..."
"No."
"Please! Just this once, I promise I won't ask again!"
"Maybe once you better your skills, but right now? Hell no."

I continued writing notes, as Rumi whined and begged for me to be her model for Pakgo's stream. "C'mon [Name], why are you being stubborn?" Pakgo butted in, scrunching his nose at me. "All you do is study, why not do something fun for once?" "Having Rumi dress me up as Kayako Saeki from The Grudge and being laughed at by your viewers isn't very fun for me." Pakgo grabbed the back of my neck, swaying me slightly. "We never ask anything of you, [Name], can't you do this one thing for us?" "Just use Snapper." I grabbed Pakgo's hand, removing it from my neck. "Seriously [Name]? What did I ever do to you?" I ignored the blonde. I picked up my things and began making my way out. "I'm studying somewhere else, you guys annoy me," I explained while walking out. I heard Pakgo and his goons begin to whisper about me, though they weren't being as discreet as they thought.

"He's seriously getting on my nerves lately."
"Why don't we just beat him up after school?"
"Yeah, yeah! And we could post it in the class chat, no one will talk to him!"
"No one talks to him anyways, dumbass."
"Yeah, but he'll be on Hobin's level. He won't dare mouth off to us after that."
"Okay, so it's a plan?"
"Yeah!"
"For now let's just use Hobin as our model."

I rolled my eyes, and as I began to walk down the hall I pulled out my phone. I texted my friend, asking him if he could pick me up from school.

500 won

Me:
Pick me up after school

500 won:
No
I can't even drive dumbass

Me:
Use your bike

500 won:
🖕
Walk home

Me:
I'll tell your dad that you wrecked the arcade machine again

500 won:
Do you have cleaning duty or should I come early?

Me:
Come early
Earlier than usual

500 won:
Are you asking me to skip school?

Me:
Yeah

500 won:
You're a bad influence

After texting Taehun, I felt safer once school was over. I knew I could probably beat up Pakgo, but that took too much energy. I studied for a while, before needing to use the restroom. When I exited the stall, a boy was using one of the sinks to wash makeup off his face. This must've been the Hobin that Pakgo and Snapper talk about so much. I had noticed him a few times in class, mostly when he was getting beaten up by Pakgo. While washing my hands, I began speaking to him. "... You've got a bit on the back of your neck too." He turned his head, sure enough, there was makeup where I had said. He groaned loudly, beginning to use the water to try and smudge it off. I flicked my hands dry and pulled out some face and hand wipes from my pocket. "Here, these work better than water." He stared at the wipes for a moment, before slowly taking them. "Thanks..." I nodded. "You can keep them, for next time." As he began to use the wipes, I wiped my wet hands on my pants and walked out.