Chapter 6

I've started experimenting more with POVs and I've concluded that 3rd person is my favorite, hence the change-up. Lemme know if u wanna keep it, or go back to first.

"You're Hired."

[3rd POV]

After his sleepover with Taehun, [Name] met up with Hobin and Snapper at the blonde's house. "We have to get a video editor to get more subscribers," Snapper lectured. Hobin and [Name] sat in front of the loudmouthed teenager on his bed. Hobin sat properly, meanwhile [Name] had made himself comfortable by holding his knees to his chest. "But why? You did the editing for the previous videos." "My editing skills are amateur! We need an expert." The usually quiet boy, known as [Name], nodded along. "By the way- why is [Name] here?" The mentioned boy turned to Hobin. "Yeah, why am I here?" "Well- he just sorta feels like part of the channel, y'know?!" The boy nodded slowly. "Okay, I guess." "Whatever- anyways, our videos are getting good feedback now, but even after a while, good content will get boring. We need an editor who can make our videos look good, even when they come out the way we want them to, or if they end up looking like shit." As Snapper droned on, [Name] began spacing out, not at all interested in the NewTube talk. He didn't know what any of it meant. "It's a good idea, but where can we find a skilled editor? Should we put up an ad online?" Snapper smirked, shaking his head. "You know nothing about generating buzz, your way could take ages. You want to know how we get an editor?"

"We let the internet know we're hiring!"

Snapper pulled out his phone, revealing the fact that he had been filming the whole time. [Name] forfeited my sanity, releasing his knees, and flopping onto his back. "There's too much happening... Editors... Amateurs... Filming... Videos... I wanted to come over for snacks, and quality time, and maybe video games..." The boy spoke weakly, his voice losing its structure. Snapper dragged his friend off the bed, shoving him in the office chair, before taking a seat next to Hobin. As Snapper and Hobin began begging, [Name] continued whining, droning on softly.

"I wanted to watch a movie... and what about chips, and popcorn, and sodas... I don't want to talk about NewTube... I want to eat yummy food and laugh at bad movies..."

"You're good at editing..? I thought you were the type that needed your grandchild's help to log onto NewTube..." [Name]'s head lifted slightly at his words. "Grandchild...?" His head hung back again. "I want... To work with the old guy. The old guy is funny... He knows what he's talking about, and he has classic old-man lingo... I've never met a classic old man in person before..." "[Name], stop talking." [Name] frowned. After shushing the other, Snapper leaned back over to Hobin.

"Yo, Hobin, what do we do?"
"He applied, so we should accept his application."
"But he's old..."
"Who cares, as long as he's good at editing."

"I want to meet the old man..." [Name] grumbled, frowning deeply. Snapper huffed. "Fine... Send us your contact info then, gramps. The boss says he wants to do an interview with you, so I gotta do what he says." "Don't sound so grumpy about it, doofus," [Name] warned. Snapper rolled his eyes. "Doofus? What is this, middle school?" "Would you prefer piss-haired bitch boy?" "Doofus is fine."

At school, Snapper leaned against [Name]'s desk, while Hobin had a chair pulled up. "Dude, did you get the geezer's contact info?" Snapper asked. "I did, but..." Hobin showed his phone to his two friends. "His style is kinda... Old fashioned..." "Let's block him." [Name] punched the arm Snapper was leaning on, causing his elbow to fold, and Snapper to come crashing down. "Ow! [Name]!" Snapper rubbed his forehead, a bruise forming due to it slamming against [Name]'s desk. "At least continue the interview, it's impolite just to ghost someone like that."