Chapter 5: •Dark, Olden Times•

After class... (Dahyun's POV)

"Yo, Chae. Do we go to the hood now?" I met up with Chaeyoung at the school entrance and asked her.

"Yeah, let's go" We hurried to the hood where our other friend is waiting.

"Yo yo yo wassup, mah cool unnies?" Our Golden G greets us with a handshake then a shoulder bump.

"Yo, Golden T. How's the hood doin'?" Chae asked her.

"The hood's doin' great, mah G's. Business is booming and we got the word 'round the block we back up in town." She stated proudly.

"That's our Golden T. Good thing that fool that tried goin' up all in your grill was blown from the area, or else he'd be bumped by Tzuyu 'The Bopper' Chou" Chae stated with sass.

"Yo, bruh. Tzuyu stopped bopping people a long time. Stop reminding her." I nudged Chae to stop talking about it.

"What? You know, I found Tzuyu hot when she bopped someone. Remember that one time she bopped someone back when she was 15 1/2? The gang's walls were made with gold yet she made them red with blood.

*dreamy sigh* When I found her that day, she was covered head to toe in blood but her beautiful face and stunning smile still shined." She covered her face in excitement, remembering that scene.

"Yeah, you were so happy in love, you forgot the fact that she was being tracked down by the po-po. I swear, Chaeyoung 🙄 I thought Tzuyu was going to the big house that time. The po-po was so close to tracking her down but she stopped so they lost their bearings on her." I shook my head furiously, stopping the headache by remembering that time.

Tzuyu was a 'button man', slang for a hired killer. I and Chae were childhood friends with her but we only knew she was someone like that when Tzuyu was 15. We three were on vacation in the countryside. We and Chae were walking down a steep road when we heard someone struggling.

When we found the source of the sound, we saw a notorious gang leader who was wreaking havoc in our neighborhood, dead. Tzuyu was stepping on his neck and appeared to be calling someone, probably reporting she finished the job. When she turned her head to our direction, we ran as fast as we can.

I don't know how but she 'teleported' in front of us and pulled us inside an empty shed right as the cops went by. She had no choice but to spill everything to us. Long story short, when she was 16 ¼, she finally quit being a button man and started a café business.

The café's name is "The Hood", probably inspired by the dark, olden times she had as a button man. A café tried to set up shop near here, even acting all arrogant to Tzuyu that they're a better café. But word spread of ill things about the owner of that café so they shut down in just around a year of operation.

The staff of the said café was abused and left unpaid by the owner so when they closed down, they were left hanging in the air with nothing.

Tzuyu, with her kind heart, offered them a job in her café instead with wages, bonuses, and even overtime payments which all of the mentioned are higher than the amount given on average to café employees. Even if they were from her competition's team, she took them in without any conditions or strings attached.

"Anyways, mah dudes. What brings you to The Hood?" Tzuyu asked us.

"Well, we wanted the good stuff. You know what we mean, Golden T 😏" I said to her.

"Aight, the good stuff comin' right up" She punched in our order and we looked around to see where we could sit down.

"Yo Y/N! We got a 1 Code: Good Stuff. Bring it out tableside where I'm seated" Tzuyu called him/her over.

"Aight Boss T. 1 tableside Code: Good Stuff comin' right up. Oh! Hey there Chae and Dubu!" Y/N waved at us then went back in. Tzuyu got out of the cash register and went with us.

"And we also wanted to catch up with you, dawg! Been a while since we had dialogue, come on" We pulled her with us to a table and sat down.

After some catching up, our order came. Y/N brought it to us tableside. (A/N: For those wondering, Tableside means that the food you ordered is cooked in front of you. But only certain dishes can be done that way, depending on the restaurant and/or dish.)

"Aight, a tableside of The Good Stuff. Here you go, mah Gs. Enjoy" Y/N finished up and then returned to the kitchen.

"*dreamy sigh* Wow. The Good Stuff never disappoints 😩" I said.

"Enjoy, y'all. We made it extra special today" Tzuyu crossed her arms and looked proud of her dish.

"Been a while indeed since we had a School Meal Club meeting *chuckles*" Tzuyu said.

"And you know what seals the deal? We have The Good Stuff here, a.k.a. The School Meal Club meal" Chae nodded her head in agreement.

"Right! Tzuyu's handmade bread with a secret filling, Hood secret menu exclusive.

Eagle Tofu, made with my family's generational secret recipe, is only exclusively sold at The Hood.

And Spicy Chicken Skewers, Hood-style. So spicy, it makes you scream 'Mnet!'. Altogether, the SMC Meal or The Good Stuff dish" I shook my head at the silly idea that Tzuyu kept all these years.

"Really? You still sell this stuff?" I asked her.

"Well, yeah. There are a lot of patrons for the SMC meal alone so I can't take it off the menu, especially since the SMC meal is a secret bestseller 🤷‍♀️" She stated.

"Aight, dibs on the Eagle Tofu" I took some of it for myself. (A/N: The Eagle Tofu is NOT made from eagles. It's just in the shape of one 😅)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: For those wondering why SMC is speaking like gangstas, I just wanted to switch it up a bitconsidering their kind of friendship so 🤷‍♂️