five.

What else should I add to the list?

Saebom tapped the top of her pen against her lip as she tried to brainstorm more things to put on the list of rules for the team.

Don't get her wrong, Saebom wasn't quite the rule-mongering, tyrant type, but ever since Taehyun gave her the demeaning nickname "short-stack" she's felt that the team didn't respect her very much. And how could she be a coach if no one respected her?

So, she simply decided to curate this list of rules so they could see she was truly serious, and so that they wouldn't get the idea that everything was gonna be easy just because she's a little (it's actually much more than just a little) inexperienced.

"What are you up to, Bom?" Her sister, Saewon, popped into the room. Before Saebom could even react, the older girl began reading over her shoulder, "Rules For the Boys..?"

"Didn't I tell you to knock before coming in my room?"

"Yeah, but since when have I ever listened to you?" She teased, ruffling her sister's blonde hair. "Is this for that swim club you're managing now?" When all Saebom offered in response was a nod, Saewon continued, "You sure are putting a lot of effort into this."

"Well, they're counting on me. I can't just leave them hanging."

Saewon smiled, reaching out to pinch her little sister's cheek, "It's refreshing to see you putting yourself out there again. I'm happy for you, Bom."

The younger of the two smiled, before looking back down at her list. Taking this as her cue to leave, Saewon went towards the door, only to see their parents in the door frame watching the two with loving smiles.

"She's hard at work, huh?" Their mother asked, to which Saewon only nodded, "I noticed she's been more energetic these days."

"Me too," Their father interjected, "She was even up before me the other day, and there wasn't even any school."

"I think this will be really good for her," Their mother looked at her once more, before quietly shutting the bedroom door.

.        .        .

Clapping her hands together, Saebom smiled at the team members who were all gathered around her. "So, before we begin practice today, I have something to show you guys."

Unrolling the large poster she had in her hands, it revealed a list. "Rules?" Niki asked, his head tilted slightly to the side.

"Correct, Niki. I've made a set of rules so that we can establish a boundary between mentor/manager, a.k.a me, and team members, which is you guys."

The boys all nodded, as a couple "Oh's" and "Ah's" came from them.

"First, you all will address me as Coach when we're doing anything related to swim. Do not call me by my name or you will be swimming 30 laps around the pool."

Immediately, the hairs on each boys neck stood as they shuddered at the thought. Seeing a hand raise from one of them, she gestured for him to speak.

"What if it's an accident?" Kai asked, genuinely wondering just because he tended to speak before thinking and could totally see himself in that situation.

She shrugged, "Make sure it doesn't happen then."

Kai nodded, resolutely determined to not let it happen. One, because he thought he'd most likely drown after five laps, let alone 30, in the pool. Two, because Saebom could control Taehyun and, frankly, that made him terrified of her.

"Second, no skipping practice. Penalty is that you'll be benched for the next three events in a meet that you participate in. More than three instances of unexcused absence from practice will result in removal from the team." Looking around, it didn't seem like anyone had any questions, so she continued, "Third, you have to keep up with your studies. Absolutely no failing grades. I'll be doing grade checks a week before each meet. Don't let yourself be the one who holds you back."

A few of them shifted their eyes whilst letting out internal groans at this requirement.

"Fourth and final rule, don't put yourself on a pedestal. No one is outright better than anyone else," turning her eyes to the moody boy in the back of the group, her next words were aimed towards him, "Humble yourselves. Stay grounded." After a few moments of silence, she clapped her hands together, "I'll be hanging this outside my office, so don't try to say you forgot any of these. If there's any questions, speak now or forever hold your peace."

No one spoke, so she clapped once more.

"Alright, let's begin some drills!"

"Yes, coach!"