one.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I called you in here today, Saebom."

Looking up from her black Dr. Martens, Saebom stared at the teacher seated across from her, "Huh?" The small noise of confusion had tumbled from her mouth before her teacher's words had fully registered in her mind. Chuckling softly, she shook her head, "No, not really."

Mr. Park sighed, his fingers turning white as they clutched the pen in his hand, "Not even an idea?"

Saebom's head moved side-to-side once again to confirm what Mr. Park obviously didn't want to hear. "Nope," she answered, emphasizing each syllable.

"I'm here to talk about your grades."

"What about them?" Saebom asked, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

"The fact that they're not quite up to satisfaction.."

"But I'm not failing, am I?"

Mr. Park nodded, though he didn't exactly want to agree with her, "Well, yes, but-"

"Then I don't see a problem!" Saebom grinned, standing as she got ready to leave his office, "Until next time, teach-"

"You're too average!" He finally exploded, catching the attention of the girl whose hand was already on the doorknob, "Your grades aren't necessarily failing, but they're nowhere near great. You don't participate in any type of club, and your student resume is basically empty."

With widened eyes, Saebom slowly retreated from the door to take her seat again.

"If your grades were outstanding, then we could easily get you into college for academics; however, that's not the case. Our next option would be to send you for something else, be it arts, sports, or whatever other majors there are," he paused, picking up a folder that sat in front of him. Opening it, he grabbed the single sheet of paper inside, which had 'JEON SAEBOM' written at the top. After that, the paper was basically empty, "But as you can see, you aren't involved in any of those categories."

"So.. What do I do then?"

"Well, you just need to do something. Quite literally anything, and we'll be able to get you into somewhere."

Saebom quirked a brow as she asked, "But what would I participate in? Nothing sounds interesting."

Nodding, Mr. Park began writing on a sticky note, "I've already set up a club for you to join. They needed a manager, so I told them you'd be there in the next twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes? Isn't that too quick?"

He slid the note, which had instructions of where to go and what time to be there, across his desk towards her, "All the more reason to start heading there now. It was the only club that still had an opening, so I hope you'll adapt well."

Knowing that she really had no other choice at this point, Saebom stood with her things and exited the office. As she walked down the halls, the blonde girl scratched her head while still looking at the note with furrowed eyebrows.