Chapter 3:- Camellia

HM: KS appko kya ho gya? Apko nahi pasand ayi ye gazal?

KS: nahi MS is mein pasand na pasand ka kya baat hai. Humhe toh vaise e ye pashdo se dur rehna asha lagta hai. Ye pyaar vyaar kuch nahi bas ek time waste hai. Lekin appne bilkul sahi kaha, Love is not enough. It is nothing but a fairy tale made for the amusement of the heart and we trick ourselves into believing that there is any truth to it and separate ourselves from reality. We love to talk about love and tell others what being in love feels like, and how we cannot choose who we love. But the truth is that the preachers of love pretty much want us to choose who we love. Love is something very special and the most amazing thing in the world but only when we choose to love according to society. Terms and conditions apply. So tell me, is it love or just another set of rules and beliefs established by society. That's why I stay away from love. I better let my life be dictated by my mother than the society.

HM was a bit surprised by KS's response. She knew that KS was not wrong. This world does apply terms and conditions to love. she wanted to tell KS that we can still make our own choice and fight for it. But HM felt as if these words were the product of KS's broken heart. She didn't know much about her or that she was in a relationship. But she could sense some pain in her words. And who was better than her to understand how it feels like to be broken.

HM: Appne bilkul sahi kaha. Hum appki baat se intefaq rakhte hain. Lekin hume ishq pe bhi poora yakeen hai. Jab wo hota hai na toh fir kuch nahi dekhta. Wo toh bas ho jata hai. Kyu? Kaise ? Kahan? Kab? Iski khabar hi nahi rehti. Khabar rehti hai toh bas wasl (union) ki aur uske intzaar mein betaye huye lamho ki. App kisi insaan se nahi, appne aap se mohabbat krne lagte hain. You are no longer two entities but one and not a thing in the world can separate you. Iss trah mil jate hain ek dusre mein k fir kisiko kya khabar ho ke wo kon hai aur hum kon?

KS: waao! It seems like you have been in love.

HM smiled a bit and said: I don't think that I have ever been but I definitely know what's not love.

KS: hmmmm...Theek hai..Hum toh khush hai inn sab se dur reh ke

A few minutes later they both dozed off.

In the morning, HM woke up and while heading toward the bathroom she saw that one of her bags was missing. She immediately went to check the cameras.

Here in the room KS woke up and was wondering where MS could be. She freshened up and went to reception. There she saw MS confronting a man in his 40s and the hotel owner was also there.

She stepped in and HM asked KS to handcuff the man and take him to jail. Later she got to know that it was the Hotel thief. It was none other than the Senior Manager.
Apparently, he was going to open his new hotel just beside Aparna's. He was damaging Aparna's Hotel reputation so that he could attract more customers to his hotel.

The case was resolved and both went to Thanna.
SS: wah! Madam app dono ne toh ek raat mein hi case solve kar diya. Kya kehne hain appke.
HM: Thank you SS.
PS: aa...woo...Karishma Ji!
KS: Ji boliye Pushpa Ji.
PS with her famous overacting: Appke liye phool beje hain kisi ne.
KS: phhol? Wo bhi humare liye? Kisne?
PS: abb hume thoda na pta hai...khud hi dekh lijiye.

PS handed the bouquet to KS.

HM: arrey wah! KS. Someone sent you a bouquet of camellia flowers. Hmmm. So you have an admirer.

KS: nahi MS. Kya app bhi. Hume kon phool bejega? Shayad galti se koi de gya hoga.

SS: ji MS. Galti se koi KM ka naam bhi likh gya hoga card pe.

KS: card?
KS finds a card attached to the bouquet

After reading the card, KS was angry but didn't let others know. She was just standing there lost in her thoughts when HM said

HM: KS you know camellia denotes love and longing. Inka matlab ye hota hai ke koi appse bahut pyaar krta hai aur bahut besabar hai appse milne ko.

SS: hmmmmm....Madam zra dikhayiye na kya likha hai card pe.

SS went close to KS but KS immediately hides the card.

KS: nahi..........ye humari koi personal cheej hai

PS: oh hooo...personal! Abhi kon keh rha tha k humhe toh koi phool nahi bejega aur bla bla. Areey! Apni maa se kaisi sharam? Dikhayiye na.

SS and PS both were trying to take hold of the card and HM was silently observing and smiling at the scenario.

KS: ek min...shaant shaantttttt! Varna line Hazzir krde ge sabki

Both immediately left KS and stepped aside.

KS: nahi matlab, personal zindagi hota hai kisi ka ya nahi. Ye kya lga ke rakha huya hai? aur ye bhuliye mat ke yahan hum senior hain app dono ki. Aisi batmeezi nahi chahiye humhe yahan pe.

Now her anger was clearly visible. She tore up the card and throw it in the dustbin and went out.

HM: Inhe kya ho gya? Aur ye bouquet kisne beja ho skta hai?

PS: aur kon? Unka boyfriend.
HM confusingly: boyfriend?

SS: haan MS, KM ka bf hai aur ye baat unhone kisi ko nahi batayi. Vaise toh unka personal matter hai par aise kaise mujhe nahi batayi....Areey! Main help hi toh krti unki larka patane mein....

HM interuppted: agar unhone bataya nahi toh appko kaise pta?

PS: 😅😅😅 Wo MS...humne galti se unke messages par liye the.😅😅
SS: hmmm....galtiii se pushpe????

PS: heheh...shodoo na! Jao tum dustbin mein se card nikalo...jod kar dekhte hain ke kya likha tha

HM: Pushpa ji humhe nhi lagta ki app sab ko unke matter mein involve hona chahiye..Agar wo nahi chahti k app sab ye card padhe toh respect her decision.

PS: par MS hum toh maa hai na...humhe toh pta hona chahiye na...nahi toh aise hi unki shadi ki chinta lagi rahegi.

HM gave them a giving-up look and went to her office.

HM in her head: KS toh keh rahi thi ke inhe pyaar ke chakar mein padna hi nahi hai. Toh unka boyfriend? Shodo! Humhe kya lena hai inn sab se.

Here outside HM's cabin PS and SS successfully recovered the card and SS screamed in excitement.

Listening to them HM came outside and asked what's wrong.

SS in excitement: Jiju can't wait to be my Jiju.

HM confusingly: Kya?
PS: ye dekhiye...

PS placed the card in HM's hand. HM read it and she doesn't know what to say. She was bit happy but a bit sad as well. But the sad part was deeply buried.