Part 4. (Motherhood)

4 Months Later.

Well what can I say, I was really worried when Lou turned up at the gate with Lisa and Grampa following.
I let them through and closed the gate behind them. The dogs were in the house with me and as long as I allowed the family into the house the dogs knew they could be trusted.
The visit went better than I was thinking it would.
Grampa was very remorseful and for the first time ever I saw tears running down his face, so I knew he was being honest with me. He hugged me like never before and apologised more than once about the way he treated me which was only about a third of how Tim treated me.
He and Lisa loved the Ranch when I took them on a guided tour of our new home.
No one mentioned Tim I'm glad to say. I explained that I was taking out a Restraining Order and the reason I couldn't visit Heartland was because of his turning up whenever he wanted. Thankfully Grampa understood my reasons. Later we both sat out on the porch talking and I explained how I felt, how I had that room in the back of my mind where I forced everything into it until it finally burst open.
Grampa explained how shocked he was when Ty explained that I'd been admitted into the Psychiatric Ward  with Traumatic Mental Breakdown.  When he read the written report it hit him hard but even harder was what the report said about my own father.
We talked for ages then I spent time with my nieces.  They absolutely adored the dogs and even played ball in the fenced off part of the garden with them.
They were still here when Ty got home from work.

Since then I've continued writing my book , I haven't said anything to the family about it and I have rewritten some parts of Grampa where I've softened it down, at the time I was angry, very angry and after re-reading those parts I realised I'd unintentionally labelled my Grampa with some things that were infact Tim's fault.
I got Ty to reread those parts to make sure it all made sense.
I've also continued with the Website, adding and changing things.
Since Tim was issued with the Restraining Order he's not been around and today Grampa informed me that I could visit Heartland as Lisa got so fed up with the arguments that she gave him an ultimatum to stop him. So apparently it's been very peaceful there since.
Ty's due home soon and I have a surprise for him.
Next week I can pick up my license as I'm going to be a coach for some up and coming Show Jumpers, two young 16 Yr old girls who I've been watching closely and even though there good I know I can make them better. I'm really looking forward to it.
In my office in the Barn Ty built a large display Case where all my trophies and Ribbons are on show. Well I've got to blow my own trumpet haven't I and it looks good for future client's. Ty found newspaper articles from when I became known as The Miracle Girl after the lorry crash on my way to school, the Fall Finale, the Ring of Fire,  some photos of when I did the Dark Horse Audition that Lou had taken and two photos of being coach for Ahmed's Team. I made sure that he wasn't in either of the newspaper reports.
Having all those in frames on the walls of my office made me realise just how much I'd achieved.

Ty's due home soon and I've made a fabulous meal for us tonight  I also got him two bottles of his favourite beer. Yes I can cook. Mum started teaching me but after she was gone I didn't bother. But when Ty brought me here to our own home for me to recuperate  I started teaching myself using YouTube  and I think I'm pretty good  now , it helped me a lot and gave me something to do.
When Ty got home we had our kiss and cuddle like we always do when he comes in. The dinner is really good , he knows something is up because I got his favourite beer so here goes.
"So I have a surprise for you".
"Okayyyy".
"Your going to be a father ".
"Really, that's fantastic Amy".
"We can still carry on practicing though ".
"Ohhh Definitely ".
Oh goody.
Yes we had a great night , and later this morning I'm going to have a nap because I'm knackered.
This afternoon I have an appointment with Dr Virani, I  think I'm about 3 months gone, I suspected earlier but just wanted to make sure and the little stick I used said I was 10 to 12 weeks.
While I was seeing Dr Virani she did a scan and confirmed I was 12 weeks, she gave me two copies of the scan and now I'm off to Heartland to share my news on my way home.