6 - What You Didn't Know

Warning - this chapter deals with topics like mental health problems and suicide. If you are uncomfortable with either of these topics, you may wish to skip this chapter.

Also, there is shipping in this chapter (TomTord). You may skip this as well if you don't want to read it.

•○●○•

Tom sighed as he took another drink. He looked up to the sky with a sad smile on his face.
"Look, just before I tell you this, I just want you to know that you didn't contribute to this. It wasn't your fault, and you didn't make it worse. Got it?" Tom mentioned.
Tord nodded with a slightly confused expression on his face.
"Well, time to spill my guts to someone who I once hated." Tom sighed again.

"Back when I was alive, there were times where I considered...well...killing myself. My life felt so shitty at times where I wondered what it would be like if you walked in and saw me dead at my own hands. I already knew I had depression, and there were certainly good days and bad days. However, even if I just wanted to end it all, I wouldn't. Because I was always told by my parents that killing yourself was one of the worst sins you could commit. That might have just been me coming from a Christian family, but it kept me from offing myself."

"Fuck." Tom whispered.
"Tom...I had no idea about all this." Tord murmured, his voice shaking. "If I'd have known about this, I would have never been your enemy. I would-"
"Shhhh." Tom interrupted. "There's not really much point getting upset over it now. For one, we're already dead. And second, it's not like it would make a difference if I did."
"I still feel bad though." Tord mumbled.
"Well, at least I know you care for me." Tom smiled.

The two continued talking, and the conversation shifted from mental health to romance.
"I've had countless girlfriends and boyfriends. I've always said: you can always get by if you're a little bi." Tord joked.
"Ha, good one." Tom chuckled. "I think it would be had to find a rhyme for being omnisexual, though."
"Yeah. Anyways, my parents didn't care who I dated, man or woman, as long as they were - as they said - den ene, or 'the one'." Tord mentioned. "However, I never truly found them."

"Who knows? They might have been right in front of you." Tom suggested. "How about that Paul and Patryk? You were pretty good friends with them."
"I actually tried dating Paul about a month after we met." Tord answered. "It didn't work out. I like them both, but I prefer them as friends rather than lovers."
"What about Edd?" Tom propounded.
"Same kinda thing." Tord retorted. "He's a nice guy, but I don't think I'd like to date him. Also, I swear he has a thing for Matt."
Tom ignored the last statement and proposed, "Maybe Matt?"
"I don't know what our relationship is, but it's certainly not dating!" Tord laughed.
That left only one more suggestion.

"What about...me?"

Something clicked in Tord's head. Was it him? The person he had hated fir most of his life? I mean, he did look kinda attractive in the little light. The two both had one of their hands resting on the railing: Tom's right hand, and Tord's left hand. Slowly, Tom moved his hand across the railing until it laid on top of Tord's hand. They looked at each other, both blushing slightly. Gradually, not taking their eyes (or eyesockets) off each other, their hands intertwined.