CHAPTER 4. I am just sooo funny.

A/N:
So to anybody who is reading this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I love you and we should be like best buddies because you obviously like Doctor Who as much as me and you are also probably AWESOME, MARVELLOUS AND STUPENDOUS and SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICESPIALIDOCOUES ok I don't know how to spell that...

______________________________

"Is this some kind of sick joke or something?"
Ariadne spits at me after recovering her wits.
"If you don't believe me, feel my heartbeat."
She looks at me and starts towards me, her hand outstretched. She puts her hand on my left side then moves it to my right side, her green eyes staring down at me. Her mouth opens to form an O shape, her eyes disbelieving. "Wha-what? How could- you can't- that's impossible-"
She stutters as she backs away.
"Like the screen says, I'm an alien and so are you."
I gesture to the screen.
"I'm guessing one of your ancestors was an Edibawean. It's an ancient race, it died out long ago and you and your mum could possibly be the last." I explain briefly, I can explain in detail later when she has understood.
"How do you know it's my mum?" "The extremely good eyesight and hearing. The size. The eyes, always green with the very dark pupil and also the fact that I kind of checked your's and your mum's DNA..."
I start twiddling my hair. I may have accidentally pulled a few hairs from her head for analysis.
"How on earth did you check her DNA? Don't tell me that computer does that as well Scilla!"
Ariadne wails. She slumps to the floor and puts her head in her hands.
I may not have handled the situation as well as I may have planned...
Whoops.
I sit on the floor beside her and put an arm around her. I learnt a long time ago that sometimes words aren't needed to comfort someone.

"I don't understand. How do aliens exist? And how come nobody knows? How come I didn't know before? Are there any other Edabawa thingies?" Ariadne mumbles.
"Edibawea." I correct her.
"Edabawa, Edobowia same thing!" She exclaims before standing up and going to the window. She is never going to be able to say Raxacoricofallapatorius. I go to stand beside Ariadne as she gazes at the quickly darkening sky. "Have you been up there? I mean gone to other planets and galaxies and stuff?" Ariadne asks me.
"Yes, it's amazing up there." I answer. "How?"
" I can well travel in space. It's complicated really. Let me show you." Ariadne turns to me curiously.
I cup my hands, think of a galaxy and the image if you can call it that appears as usual.
"What is that?"
"I don't actually know really, I guess it's some kind of power, I don't think many Time Lords have ever had it."
I explain briefly again. Ariadne is taking it awfully well though.
"Ok wow! That is beautiful! I mean that's another galaxy right?" Ariadne says as she inspects the "image". I nod but as she leans closer to it, I, on instinct, clap my hands shut. "What was that for? I was looking at that!" Ariadne glares at me.
"Sorry but if you had um put your nose in the "image" you would have got kind of teleported to that place." I say.
"Oh! Wait, when you say teleport, do you mean also on Earth? Does that mean we could like break into people's houses and stuff? Not that we would to of course... and imagine, we could go to concerts, shops, places and everything!" Ariadne exclaims excitedly.
"Wait a second, is that how you're never late for school? And you are always right on time for everything?" Ari says as she scrutinises me.
"Yep! It sure is handy! Oh my god! I just made a joke! Handy, hand? I have to use my hands to make the "image"? I am just sooo funny!" I said excitedly. "Scilla, I hate to break to ya doll but that wasn't funny. At all." Ari says in a Texas accent.
"Oh honey pie, do ya wanna stay over for a sleepover? I'm sure my parents won't mind, I mean they sure do love ya."
I reply in my best Texas accent which is still pretty bad. You'd think I'd be good at accents but no.
"I sure do babe but I don't have any clothes or anything. Don't cha just love my Texas accent?" She says and winks. "Well you see this is where my skill comes in." I make jazz hands and grin as Ari claps her hands in excitement. "Call your mum and tell her you're staying over and that we're coming to get some stuff." I say as Ari grins and gets her phone out.

---------------------------------------------